Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 21

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I had to give up coffee in the morning cuz i dont need it anymore and it makes me feel shitty. Now i'm even weirder than I was before! Damn you Primal diet and your boundless energy!!

Maureen M is offline Senior Member
    and btw, I tried turnips and unless I cook them in chicken stock i cant really handle the taste...do parsnips taste different???? I miss potatoes more than I miss cakes cookies soda and candy. More than I miss cheese. And that is saying something.

Bosstycoon is offline Senior Member
    1. Watching my roommate eat SAD. however next payday he said he will try to go primal with me!! so stoked
    2. My brown and leather Vibram Trek's clash with all black uniform at work but I dont care and I get so many complimnets on them
    3. People not know what VFF's are, come on join the best primal experience ever! they are sooo comfy
    .....thats just a few I can think of right now..hmm

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maureen M View Post
    I had to give up coffee in the morning cuz i dont need it anymore and it makes me feel shitty. Now i'm even weirder than I was before! Damn you Primal diet and your boundless energy!!
    Yeah I've been noticing how coffee makes me feel crappy too! It's decaf even. I thought it might be the little bit of caffeine in decaf (I'm real sensitive to caffeine) but I had a big pot of tea yesterday and felt fine. Maybe it's the heavy cream? Perish the thought.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Yeah I've been noticing how coffee makes me feel crappy too! It's decaf even. I thought it might be the little bit of caffeine in decaf (I'm real sensitive to caffeine) but I had a big pot of tea yesterday and felt fine. Maybe it's the heavy cream? Perish the thought.
    could it be the chemicals used to make it decaf?

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    could it be the chemicals used to make it decaf?
    It's also possible that coffee mimics the gluten protein in some people.

From here:
    Dr. K News: Autoimmune hypothyroidism diet

Some foods can cross-react with gluten
    Grains and legumes present problems for other reasons. Research has shown that many gluten-intolerant people cross-react with other foods. In other words, their body erroneously recognizes other foods as gluten and reacts accordingly. Not surprisingly, most grains fall into the category of top 24 foods most often to cause cross-reactivity, including less common ones as amaranth and quinoa.

Other common cross-reactive foods include dairy, chocolate, sesame, and coffee. Yes, coffee, and after reluctantly going coffee-free many patients have reported coffee was preventing their recovery. Fortunately it is now possible to test which foods might be provoking a cross-reaction to gluten, which you can read about here.
    Unfortunately, that's all I've got for you; maybe your Googlefu is better than mine. He used to have an article on it, but it's a dead link now, so I can't find any references/studies regarding this. Sorry.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    It's also possible that coffee mimics the gluten protein in some people.

From here:
    Dr. K News: Autoimmune hypothyroidism diet

Unfortunately, that's all I've got for you; maybe your Googlefu is better than mine. He used to have an article on it, but it's a dead link now, so I can't find any references/studies regarding this. Sorry.
    I just got a local-roasted organic decaf coffee thats water-treated to make it decaf and I still seem to be having a similar reaction. Thats an interesting idea about it mimicking gluten in some way. I also know that my intestines are a little inflamed right now from just the very few cookies/baked goods I had over the holidays, perhaps that means that makes me more sensitive to the mimicking effects of coffee. Its something I will have to observe and experiment with.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    I felt a lot better the week that I had to stop drinking coffee. I do know when I put any dairy product in my coffee that it doesn't take long before I am belching.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Sleeping on my tummy hurts as my ribs don't have padding anymore.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    ^That's a good thing, sleeping on your stomach is REALLY bad for your lower back!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 21 of 81 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast