Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 2

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    DAMMIT. I found a little horn of hair today. You know those? If you've lost a lot of hair, but now it is finally beginning to grow back, it's the short tuft of hairs around your temple that are coming in. They invariably curl up. Makes a little horn. So I should probably change my screen name to SheDevil now.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    I have to buy a new belt, I never saw it it the mirror so I had no idea it was all scratched up....

Paleobird Guest
    My rings are all too big now. Things that used to be pinky rings are now on my index finger or thumb.
    But my shoes are too small due to wearing VFFs or going barefoot and having my feet spread out. My feet refuse to go back into "cute" high heels.

Plus I'm having to fend off endless advances from much younger men. I don't know how much longer I can manage.

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    This is kind of dumb, but ever since my carb belly went down I keep waking up in the middle of the night, surprised at how easy it is to roll over now, and lay on my stomach.

I also have fewer excuses to leave the office in the middle of the day now that I don't feel like I'm gonna die if I skip lunch.

Also, the other day, I was so. freaking. full that I couldn't even stomach the idea of breakfast the next morning. SO FULL. Off of one serving of Primal soup, some lamb at the Indian place downtown, and coffee with cream.

And lastly, I finally worked up the courage to ask about a smaller size martial arts uniform top -- and they were out of stock.
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm having to fend off endless advances from much younger men. I don't know how much longer I can manage.
    Love it and can certainly believe it if you're still wearing those leather pants

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    But my shoes are too small due to wearing VFFs or going barefoot and having my feet spread out. My feet refuse to go back into "cute" high heels.
    I hear you on the shoes, I'm really hating the weather getting colder now that my feet have all spread out between the flip flops and barefooting it all summer. :/
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i also have the shoe and younger man issue. i've been skating at the uni, and get chatted up a fair bit at the bus stop. clothes are loose.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Ooooooh, ive been having much more problems with my "fancy" shoes too. I thought it was just cause my legs and back are stronger and not used to wearing heels anymore. But I was confused cause I couldnt see why that would cause blisters. Damn, well, good thing my office lets me go VFF, socked, or barefoot all the time anyway.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Orannhawk is offline Senior Member
    [/QUOTE]Plus I'm having to fend off endless advances from much younger men. I don't know how much longer I can manage.[/QUOTE]

Giggling .... Also getting this ... LOL, but I will refrain on saying how much younger .... suffice it to say, it's a lot !
    Workout capri's are getting looser in the leg, making folds of fabric up and down the thighs ... yeah ! Love it .. lots of squats, leg press, deadlifts, squat stances on the ropes do a body good !
    Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel weird when I touch my trunk... I feel like wait... where did I go????? (new feeling for me)

I hate VFF money trap.... addictive buggers they are.

I hate that I watch what other people eat...

I hate that I cant wear VFFs at the office or grow a winter caveman beard...

I hate watching people at the gym who have "fuckarounditus" (leangains)... although... I have always hated this even when I was SAD.

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast