Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: "Frustrations" with paleo/primal page 13

Paleobird Guest
    I can't drink the way I used to be able to. I went to a dinner party last night and we split two bottles of red among three people (with one abstainer) so that is like 2/3 of a bottle for me. That in pre PB days would have been no big deal. Today I feel like crap and I'm all bloated.

Bummer. I like wine.

Corvidae is offline Senior Member
    Last night I went to tango class for the first time in 4 months, and I had trouble dancing because I couldnt take my eyes off how skinny and strong I looked in the full-length mirrors.
    "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    But the size 8s were my "goal pants" for so long. When I finally got into them, I didn't think I would ever go beyond that so I went and bought a lot of nice jeans in 8. Arrggh. So frustrating.
    I'm not losing any additional pounds, I'm holding steady, but I think the body re-comp is going on without me.
    There should be a clothing swap section here. Your 8s would fit someone who just came down from 12s. Me, I'm finally starting to leave the 8s behind for my 6s again. The ones at the bottom of the geological nightmare that is my closet.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    There should be a clothing swap section here. Your 8s would fit someone who just came down from 12s. Me, I'm finally starting to leave the 8s behind for my 6s again. The ones at the bottom of the geological nightmare that is my closet.
    I went back to my old jeans and now they're too big! This was before I got huge.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvidae View Post
    Last night I went to tango class for the first time in 4 months, and I had trouble dancing because I couldnt take my eyes off how skinny and strong I looked in the full-length mirrors.
    Yay for tango- even more yay for liking what you see in the mirror! With that strength you'll be able to do a drool-worthy dance- once you can focus on it again

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I LOVE this!
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it is true. i do like looking at myself in the mirror more. I run into people when i'm walking down the street, because i'm admiring myself in the shop windows. LOL

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am running out of jars to store my bacon grease in! Guess I just need to use it more...like on everything.

Bacon shakes, anyone?
    Ooh, bacon & chocolate smoothies!! nomnomnom
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    hahaha fantastic
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    I am running out of jars to store my bacon grease in! Guess I just need to use it more...like on everything.

Bacon shakes, anyone?
    Bacon mayo? You wouldn't want to use all bacon fat, but replacing part of the olive oil with bacon drippings might be tasty. Or it might be terrible. It is a mystery!

Page 13 of 81 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast