Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The plastic surgery a woman needs to look like Barbie page

Aloe is offline Member

The plastic surgery a woman needs to look like Barbie

Primal Fuel

Article

If you ask me, no thanks!!

Healthy is the new skinny!
    I'm sure that if Barbie were real, she would be a "fat skinny"... an unreal fat skinny, too.
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Yvonne PHX Guest
    If Barbie was real, she would be 5'9" tall, have a 39" bust, an 18" waist, 33" hips and a size 3 shoe. Now, I stand at 5'9" and have been accused of having freakishly small feet at size 7 1/2. Barbie wouldn't be able to stand up!

I think a few women around the world have actually tried to get all the surgeries required to look like Barbie. They all look high-as-a-kite in pictures, but that's a whole other thread. As a person who has had two necessary surgeries, I can't imagine why people would put their bodies through elective surgery. I would love a tummy-tuck as much as the next girl, but there is no way I am going to put my adrenals through that again.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    "Strong is the new skinny" is a movement going on online right now (no idea who started it or anything) but I love it. I guess it was inspired by "healthy is the new skinny" except with a paleo/primal twist!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Tara is offline Senior Member
    So sad that little girls grow up thinking this is how they should look.

Feeling like I want to move out to the middle of nowhere Montana when I have kids so that I can home school them and limit exposure to scary role models :/

Aloe is offline Member

tut tut
    it makes me sad...

"Strong is the new skinny" is very nice, too! I think that Healthy and Strong are not necessarily different, though...

And, didn't we all get exposed to those role models? Yet, we were lucky enough to get out of CW on time. Thanks for that!
    Height: 5ft 9"
    Current pants size: 20 (Canada sizing).
    Goal: I'll let you know when I've reached it.

“The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind
    is a faithful servant. We have created a society that
    honors the servant and has forgotten the gift.”
    ~Albert Einstein~

Oh gosh, that poor woman

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    So sad that little girls grow up thinking this is how they should look.

Feeling like I want to move out to the middle of nowhere Montana when I have kids so that I can home school them and limit exposure to scary role models :/
    You know, I had a sh*tload of Barbie dolls, and I watched all kinds of television. I also had a mother who was very confident and loved how she looked no matter what. Sure, I have some body issues, but I'm not rushing out to "fix" the way I look. We don't need to shield our kids, we just need to talk to them. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    You know, I had a sh*tload of Barbie dolls, and I watched all kinds of television. I also had a mother who was very confident and loved how she looked no matter what. Sure, I have some body issues, but I'm not rushing out to "fix" the way I look. We don't need to shield our kids, we just need to talk to them. A lot.
    Totally, it's just so heart breaking, you know?

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara View Post
    Totally, it's just so heart breaking, you know?
    It is. It IS. I'll never forget the day my daughter told me she wanted to have blonde hair. She was three. She is a beautiful Mexican-Filipino mix. I was heartbroken.

I talked to her a lot, and my best friend even wrote and illustrated a book for her -- in the book she wished upon a star that she would be blonde, then she woke up blonde and nobody recognized her and it scared her brother and he cried, and she decided at the end that being blonde was fun for a day but she'd rather be herself. Today, she is six and confident and pretty much thinks she is the rockinest thing on two legs.

I just don't want you to be too scared of the messaging your kids will get because you can counteract it. Parents are powerful forces! Especially hot, strong moms!

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    +1
    i agree completely! I had a buttload of barbies too! the only way I wanted to look like barbie was to have long hair my mom always kept my hair short when i was a kidlet. but now....i grew it out no surgery required lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast