Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello! New to this idea of eating!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    I read an article once on CNN where a woman was glad she could feed her dog vegan dog food so that "they could share an ideology." Say what? Who seriously thinks their dog will ever have a vegan ideology? He will always scarf down a steak if he is offered one. People can be so weird about food.
    omg ridiculous!!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^I grew up playing with this jerk girl across the street who fed her cats CHEERIOS and TOFU. I kid you not. They were emaciated and tiny. One of them had kittens and they all died except for one, and it was deformed (tail curled like a pig, front legs bent inward like elbows cocked out). She claimed one was born with two heads, and I don't really doubt it.
    That is just plain cruel! poor kittens

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    ^I grew up playing with this jerk girl across the street who fed her cats CHEERIOS and TOFU. I kid you not. They were emaciated and tiny. One of them had kittens and they all died except for one, and it was deformed (tail curled like a pig, front legs bent inward like elbows cocked out). She claimed one was born with two heads, and I don't really doubt it.
    As an animal lover this is really really sad to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne PHX View Post
    I read an article once on CNN where a woman was glad she could feed her dog vegan dog food so that "they could share an ideology." Say what? Who seriously thinks their dog will ever have a vegan ideology? He will always scarf down a steak if he is offered one. People can be so weird about food.
    Hilarious!

Here's a dog food company that gets it. Read this product description, it's so logical and sounds like Mark Sisson could have written it:
    Orijen Regional Red

I always wonder, do you think the dog owner who buys this food takes a second to think about their own human diet and where they evolved from? Maybe grains are not just bad for Fido.

Oof yeah, sorry to bring that sour note in! I'm determined to get EVO kitty food when my boyfriend and I can spare the $$ for a cat. Raw feed is probably beyond my means right now. I think I could get my boyfriend on board with this, since he is a bio major and knows how important it is to feed carnivores properly.
    Depression Lies

Shop Now
    I'm in the same book as you! I've been a vegetarian, low fat, whole wheat eater for most of my life. So maybe 20 years? I've been eating meat now for a week or so. And I still haven't gotten over the guilt or how full I am after eating meat. This style of eating will take some time to get use to.