Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you sick? page

scottbushey is offline Member

Are you sick?

Shop Now
    Someone I haven't seen in 6 months asked me today if I was sick. They cannot comprehend the body composition change that Paleo brings.

My reply, I was sick, but look at me now!

dado Guest
    i'm not sick. in fact, i haven't had a cold since 1998.

but, you know, if someone is asking you if you are sick, this is a problem. at all times a healthy male should exude health.

please, more details of situation.

glorth2 is offline Senior Member
    Knock on wood, I don't really get sick anymore either.

scottbushey is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dado View Post
    i'm not sick. in fact, i haven't had a cold since 1998.

but, you know, if someone is asking you if you are sick, this is a problem. at all times a healthy male should exude health.

please, more details of situation.
    I have been Paleo 7 months. I lost 35 lbs. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe-my waist size reduced 4 inches.

I work in the medical field. Right away, people think you have a pancreatic cancer when you lose this much weight this fast (I suppose). People have been begging me to quit losing weight. I have plateaued around 165. Starting to put on lean muscles-I even have an abdominal cage showing itself after 20 years or so. My wife likey!

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbushey View Post
    I have been Paleo 7 months. I lost 35 lbs. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe-my waist size reduced 4 inches.

I work in the medical field. Right away, people think you have a pancreatic cancer when you lose this much weight this fast (I suppose). People have been begging me to quit losing weight. I have plateaued around 165. Starting to put on lean muscles-I even have an abdominal cage showing itself after 20 years or so. My wife likey!
    awesome, man, congratulations.

when i lost something like 20 pounds after discovering primal, people told me i look sick too, because i was so skinny. i've since focused on strength training and adding muscle.

maybe this is the next step for you, mr scottbushey

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been sick in 2 years, ever since going Primal. (And I used to be sick all the time.)
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

wehey is offline Member
    I have had the same responses from people. im 6ft2 and went from 175lbs and approx 17% body fat to 165lbs, added muscle and was seeing my 6pack for the 1st time ever.
    I was loving the new look but nearly everyone i spoke to said i looked skinny and had lost too much weight

Hector is offline Junior Member
    When I lost 70 pounds, my ex-wife asked me if I had cancer or something.

Lawbat is offline Senior Member
    dropped 45 pounds or so. women at work yelling at me to eat more and that i'm too skinny.
    they're right about the too skinny--- started lifting harder, and paying closer attention to the macros on lift days.
    not lean enough either, yet, despite being "too skinny". prob between 12-15% bf.
    i want to get to the place where the response to "you look sick" is to show them my abs and say "really"?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    People don't really know what super-healthy looks like outside of youngsters anymore (and less and less there). Also, significant and sustained (over time) weight loss is so rare that cancer is probably a more likely guess than, "you got healthy".
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast