Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can the primal lifestyle stimulate facial hair growth? page

bdilla is offline Senior Member

Can the primal lifestyle stimulate facial hair growth?

Primal Fuel
    At twenty years old, I have a very thin mane of hair coming in. It's spotty and not very full. If I don't shave for a few days, I get a full on neckbeard. Which may be sexy to some people, but not my girlfriend. If you're into neckbeards, hit up my inbox.

Ahem.

So... what do you think? Could living primally for a while bring out the inner hairy Grok in me, or am I gonna have to turn the neckbeard into the next big thing?

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Oh, yeah! My hubby is a chrome dome but, man, his facial hair grows so much faster than it used to. What used to be five days worth is now acheived in two. His head hair is growing twice as fast as it used to according to his barber.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I know I could shave twice a day but I think the hair is just thicker. Not coming in where it wasn't though.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    I'm about to turn 35, my "beard" still looks like something from a Kid Rock concert. #whitetrashbeard

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    If your testosterone is low, it's possible that regulating it through a primal lifestyle could help. What is the hair growth like in other male members of your family?
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    it's very similar.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    I'm pretty sure it is what it is, until you get a bit older. I'm a little over 30, and it still takes me a couple of days to grow a decent five o'clock shadow, though it comes in more full than it used to five or more years ago. This started happening before primal, so I don't think that was it.

petriquor is offline Senior Member
    I've heard it said in the past people doing paleo had increased hair growth, same thing from strength training. I've been doing both with no change on that front whatsoever. I'm 25 and still can't grow a beard (comes in patchy, not a good look). Just a matter of shitty genetics I guess.

Having to shave sucks. I wish I was like some people who can get away with not doing it but a few times a week. The military kind of frowns on not being clean shaven...

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Bdilla: yes. I am an example of this. My facial hair was crap until age 33 when I went primal. It has improved dramatically in the two years since.

Decreased estrogen and increased testosterone are the answers. For the former, follow a primal diet. For the latter, lift heavy and uncross your legs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast