Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone gotten a disease of civilization SINCE going Primal? page

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member

Anyone gotten a disease of civilization SINCE going Primal?

Primal Fuel
    I am just wondering.

I know eating and living the PB is a fantastic way to regain and improve health and wellness. It's worked for me beautifully over the past year, and I continue to improve. But then, I'm only 24 years old. I probably wouldn't have gotten diabetes or cancer or Parkinson's or Alzheimer's or gout or varicose veins or macular degeneration or rheumatoid arthritis or stroke or myocardial infarction or... you get the picture. Not for a couple more decades, anyway.

But has anyone else?

Has anyone here gotten any of the above, or any other diseases of civilization, since going Primal/paleo? Know anyone who has? Given the size of the community here it would be a remarkably powerful piece of evidence in favor of our lifestyle's effects on health if it HASN'T HAPPENED ONCE, especially since there are plenty of people 50+ years old on these boards, who are supposed to be at higher risk for that stuff.

I'm looking for disconfirming evidence, but I can't remember coming across any so far. Someone help me out here--I know the PB is good (damn good, in fact) but is it really THAT good?
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Nope.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I haven't. Of cours ethough if someone HAD, would it be a result of being primal, or the previous years of bad lifestyle? Hopefully we can talk to some of you peeps that started young when YOU are approaching the age of disease and see the awesome (right?!?) result sof starting young.

Oh totally, someone could have had latent cancer or whatever that just happened to hit the point of diagnosis after going Primal. But if no one gets cancer, or whatever, after going Primal, despite the diverse ages and backgrounds on the site, well, that's some pretty damn strong evidence of the healing power of this WoE. I mean, you'd EXPECT a few cases of preexisting, un-diagnosed disease in a group this large. And yet we never seem to hear about any. And if my perception in this regard is fairly accurate, that is something really remarkable, almost unbelievable in fact. But I don't hear anyone talking about it in those terms.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

NutMeg is offline Senior Member
    I totally agree! I can't wait to get 'old' and see how I fair. I am 34 now, so not too much longer until I hit the age when people start falling apart! This is my first primal pregnancy too, and although I havenot been 100% primal the past 26 weeks I still feel better than ever with this pregnancy!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Even in the healthiest HG populations, some of those illnesses can still occur, they are just extremely rare. I would expect a huge reduction in the rate of disease, but sometimes people can still have crap go wrong with their bodies, even with the best lifestyle. However, primal living should significantly reduce the risk (and virtually eliminate some).
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I got kidney stones since going primal. The problem is - I have no idea when the "formed" vs when they started moving. I do suspect they were from too much Vit D with not enough K2, but I have no way of knowing.

There is someone on this forum who had a serious cardiac blockage since going primal - if I recall correctly though he has a very strong family history and actually had his first event many years older than all his siblings did....the name will come to me any second now....

OK, that's the kind of thing I would expect to see. Vastly superior (lower) rates of disease compared to the general population, but an occasional unfortunate sufferer.

My Primal Journal

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    good question. however i think it would be somewhat hard to verify since everyones "primal" is different. i doubt there are very many truely 100% primal people out there. im sure theres tons of people out there that are close but who really knows what effect that occasional handful of nuts or whatever has on overall health

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    I had a hip replacement 10 months after going primal. Of course I had been attempting to reverse it for 3 years without success.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast