Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is the Paleo Diet Eurocentric? page 2

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well put, Moshal. I was trying to make this same point with a thread I started last year:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ed-Equilibrium

(You'd probably be interested, too, Asturian. By the way; cute Avatar!)

Asturian is offline Senior Member

I ordered Before the Dawn. Thanks Katt.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

fbw
    fbw is offline Junior Member

black people do not 'work hard on few calories' disproportionately to anyone else genetically. whoever said that is wildly misinformed.

paleo diets are not eurocentric, although there are certainly eurocentric aspects to how people talk about and implement various aspects of paleo diets. like all the weird fetishizing of meat-only diets by a lot of euro-descended paleo/primal guys who don't come from such ethnic historical backgrounds.

or just the fact that the paleo-sphere is almost entirely white, with a few scattered asians. it means a lot of the discussion is on technical abstractions rather than 'how can you persuade poor people that it's not really cheaper to eat HFCS/soy/gluten constantly?'

Asturian is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the link dragonmamma. It took a little time to read through all of the posts. I did not comment on that thread since I'm not sure what the political correctness is about reviving 4-month old threads.

My thoughts on the thread however is that there is new information coming out about how evolution works. Some genetic traits are passed on to offspring without actually being fixed into the DNA structure until several generations later. In other words, mutations don't have to be random and thus evolution may occur at a faster rate than previously thought.

That Nova/BBC documentary called "Ghost in your Genes" pointed out relationships between the genetic expression of men during their puberty years could be passed onto their offspring later in life. For women, the genetic expression due to environmental stresses may be passed on to their children during their last trimester of pregnancy.

Again, I'm just now jumping into this subject and perhaps I'm way off in the deep end. But it is fun nonetheless. Maybe after a few months I'll have better footing on the subject and I can start another thread on this.

Thanks again for the link.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12