Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The easiest diet in the world page

jwint Guest

Primal Fuel

Nope . . . not this one . . . actually Doctor Gott claims to be the creator of the easiest diet in the world with his no sugar, no flour diet. But i was thinking . . .

Isn't the EASIEST diet in the world where you simply eat WHATEVER you want while making sure that you don't exceed the required calorie amount based on basal metabolism + activity?

So . . . if you're daily caloric requirement is (let's say) 3000 cal/day you could eat a 300 calorie primal breakfast then got to McDonald's for lunch and shove a double quarter-pounder with cheese (740 calories) and a large fry (500 calories) down your throat . . . and still have room for two slices of Domino's large, deep dish Philly Steak Pizza (413 calories a slice) at dinner.

Obviously there's a nutritional issue with all this . . . are you getting the best in minerals, vitamins and other nutrients? Well, maybe not the best . . . but I think it is certainly adequate for a modern human.

Yeah . . . but what about fat, carbs and protein? Doesn't matter all that much, does it? You're getting plenty of all three and even if one or two are out of whack . . . you won't gain weight as long as you're eating less than your daily caloric requirement.

In fact, with a 3000 daily caloric requirement, you will still lose one pound of fat on this diet every week (approximately).

Obviously, I am not recommending this fast food approach but my point is that I just don't understand why people are concerned about macronutrients and the type of food (grains, flous, sugar, etc) as long as they are controlling caloric intake?

Any help clarifying this greatly appreciated!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

because it's not all about calories. and calories in/out isn't a set thing anyway... what you eat affects how many calories you burn by affecting metabolism on a cellular level.

and calories in/calories out does not explain how i couldn't lose any more weight on a 1200 calorie/day diet while exercising (low fat, high carb)... but when i switched to primal and started eating more fat, fewer carbs, and a lot more calories (1600-2000+)/day, i lost 6-8 pounds in the first couple weeks. not exercising at all (recovering from surgery).

it's so much more complicated than calories in / calories out... and you have a LOT of reading to do if you are honestly curious! Have fun clicking around!

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

Since going primal I have not counted a single calorie. I think it's irrelevant. I've lost over 100lbs by just eating as much as I want of the right things and following the PB. It's about quality, not quantity.

Word, Roger. I no longer count too.... but the few times I record my food out of curiosity, I'm almost always above my "basal metabolic rate" of 1600ish. Sometimes I can eat 3000 in a day... haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Diana Renata is online now Senior Member

I will admit, I still count, but not obsessively like I used to.

I used to weigh, calculate and record every calorie.

Now I sort of eyeball, estimate and forget. :P

AmyMac703 is offline Senior Member

I definitely don't count calories ... haven't done that since I was like 18, haha. Though, I kinda wonder about the whole "basal metabolic rate" thing, most of the sites ... does that include simple activities like walking up 3 flights of stairs a couple times a day (as many of us do for school, work), and other everyday stuff?

If so, how does it account for the differences in physical activity levels between individuals?

Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

rphlslv is offline Senior Member

I think calories do matter... over the last two weeks I've been eating more 3,000 calories a day (500 grams above maintenance) in an effort to bulk up and I got very fat. And my carbs were relatively low at 100-150...

.`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Raphael, I think calories definitely matter to some degree, but... "calories matter" isn&#39;t the same as saying "calories in / calories out is ALL that matters."

shastagirl Guest

i dont count calories. calorie in calorie out is a myth. a calorie is not a calorie. 100 calories of dietary fructose is not a 100 calories of dietary fat (obviously). they are simply not metabolized the same way by the liver and other organs infact fructose isnt used by any organs and is processed by the liver into body fat almost only. and yet people will think, for eg, lets see a 750 calorie chocolate shake from jack in the box or a 750 calorie prime rib in my calorie count. they are both 750 calories but they are completely different! not that any PBers here would think that way since they know better but some people do not unfortunately.

BlazeKING is offline Senior Member

Poor food choices will harm your health. Reduction in insulin sensitivity, autoimmune disorders, heart disease, mental disorders etc. You don&#39;t have to be overweight or obese for these things to happen. Non primal food also leads to intense cravings and possible binging, why would anyone want that?

Yes, it is all about calories in and calories out at the end of the day. That amount varies because the body strives to maintain a setpoint fat/weight level by adjusting hormones and increasing/decreasing the metabolic rate. It&#39;s easy to lose weight on a primal diet because it&#39;s hard to overeat when the intense cravings aren&#39;t there.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast