Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The easiest diet in the world page 3

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Shop Now

1 thing - "easiest diet in the world"?

So tell me, can you tell me the EXACT calorie content of every single piece of fruit, or cut of meat...?

Wouldn't want to mess up the calculations...

jwint Guest

NORTHERNMONKEY . . . well, no, I can't . . . but then again I'm not a rocket engine built to precise specifications. I'm just a fairly confused student of food-ology who can't tie all the loose ends together.

But generally . . . yeah . . . you can pretty much estimate what your total food intake is and you can pretty much estimate your basal rate and activity energy requirements.

And my contention is that as long as you are well under that estimated daily requirement, you will lose weight regardless of what macronutrient combination you eat.

I don't know Mark's position on this but I know that both the Doctor's Eades and Dr Atkins have all conceded that low carbing does not mean gluttony . . . eat more fat and protein than you need and you will get fat.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Please do not continue to argue your "side" until you watch the video I linked you to. If you really want to learn you'll watch it. But I have no more words for you until you do.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Kaizen Guest

I'm a little lost on what exactly is being debated here. Are you saying you should still count calories even though you're eating low carb high fat? I don't know about you, but it's relatively hard to "overeat" protein and fat if you're eating sensible. Especially if you include fruits and vegetables. You can try to count calories if you want, but you're missing the point of this lifestyle, and that's to eat clean and not worry so much about trivial things that apply to all other "diets".

chima_p is offline Senior Member

Haha! One of these threads again.

It is as simple as calories in and calories out. The hard part is finding out what calories out is. You can use a formula to get an idea of average but it will not be exact. It may not be even close.

If you drink 3 chocolate shakes a day @ 2250 cal and you have figured out a way to keep your calorie expenditure at 3000 cal you will lose weight.

Bodybuilders call this an unclean cut.

Now that is easy in the fact that you just eat whatever. What won't be easy is controling cravings ans insulin crashes from 3 shakes a day. One would end up eating more than the prescribed 3 shakes. They would get to the counter for their last shake of the day and be so hungry they would order a "2 Can Dine for 9.99" and finished it off themselves. We have all been there.

The advantages that make these LC or no flour, sugar, processed diets are what make the diet easy.

Advantages:

Increasing your energy expenditure through eating more protien and fat (30% in the case of protein). This increase calorie out side of the equation.

Controlling Insulin peaks and valleys eliminating the urge to snack and over eat. This decreases calorie in side.

Feeling better rested and having more energy allowing you to park the car farther, take the stairs, take the dog for a walk. This furhter increases the calorie out side.

Adjusting hormonal balances to where they should be to increase well being and homeostasis (thermal regulation, increase LBM, etc.) This would increase the calorie out side.

You can't punch these factors into an equation and expect an accurate number. You can find out an estimate and then adjust as needed.

Is it fool proof. No.

We have seen this time and again.

People mistake "calories don't matter" for "eat as much as you want". Then they they further confuse "want" with "can".

This is especially true with individuals with lower LBM. It becomes very easy to over eat on the new calorie dense foods.

There is always food at our disposal. We have forgotten what satiaty feels like. We only remember what stuffed feels like.

We have forgotten what it feels like to be hungry and frightened into beleiving if we don't snack between meals our metabolism will shut down and our muscles will fall right off.

jwint Guest

FLYNAVYWIFE . . . Dear Madam . . . thank you for the link and yes I am watching it . . . but please don't tell me what I can or can't do . . . I'm Army, not Navy. LOL

Telling me to "go read something and I won't discuss anything with you until you do" is a cheap way of ducking out of a discussion.

That's not how discussion or debate works. I came here with decades of knowledge and experience . . . please do me the courtesy of treating me as an adult with an opinion just as valid as yours.

But like I said madam . . . yes, I will watch the video.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Glad you are watching it. Haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

jwint Guest

PrimalCon New York

KAIZEN says . . . "Are you saying you should still count calories even though you're eating low carb high fat?"

Well, that wasn't the specific question I was asking . . . but generally, yes, I think anyone on a low carb diet has to be very careful not to consistently over-eat. You can get fat even if you eat Primal.

What I was asking about specifically was the relationship between MACRONUTRIENT control and CALORIE control. The more I read and the more I think about it, the more I lean towards the idea that it's calorie control that really matters . . . not reduction in carbs or reduction in fat. It's always about the calories.

You're right . . . you can't punch factors into an equation. But if you exercise regularly you will get to know your energy levels. I know after my first couple of sets whether my energy is adequate.

As for insulin control . . . true . . . low carbing is good for that. But so is simply not over-eating.

It's true that a 3-shake meal plan will cause you to eat your own foot after a day or two. You'll be ravenous. But with proper exercise and activity, you can lose weight and control appetite even with 50% of your diet being made up of carbs . . . as long as you don't eat too many calories.

So . . . like I said, the more I think through schemes of controlling carbs . . . the more I keep coming back to calories in versus calories out.

I'm just hoping to find some insights into it.

FLYNAVYWIFE did send me a video which looks good. I'mm comment on it after I've finished studying it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast