Thread: Meal Planning page

stephlowen is offline Member

Meal Planning

Shop Now
    Okay this is probably a bit of a silly question but I am having a hard time with being prepared each day with food. I don't eat breakfast but I do eat lunch at around 11:30. If I don't bring enough food, I end up hitting the first candy dish or vending machine that I see. If I have enough food, then I am fine. I am just having a hard time determining enough right now because every day is different for me. I really only have about a 5 hour eating window. I need to stop eating early enough before going to my martial arts class so that I don't throw up and after class, I find it difficult to force myself to eat.

So I guess I am just wondering if you guys actually plan your food for the day (those of you who eat all day away from the house), or do you just take a whole bunch of stuff and eat as you get hungry?

I have one of those personalities that I just feel more secure knowing exactly what is going to happen and when so the whole listening to my body is proving to be a bit difficult to start.

SlimIcy is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest not being afraid to pack TOO MUCH food. Eating too much good food is better than ending up snacking on crap. Once you've been off the crap for a while you'll get good at knowing what your body wants vs. what it needs, and you can adjust accordingly. But until you really figure it out just eat as much clean food as you need to eat to avoid the crap.

stephlowen is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimIcy View Post
    I would suggest not being afraid to pack TOO MUCH food. Eating too much good food is better than ending up snacking on crap. Once you've been off the crap for a while you'll get good at knowing what your body wants vs. what it needs, and you can adjust accordingly. But until you really figure it out just eat as much clean food as you need to eat to avoid the crap.
    Thanks! I think I am still fighting with the inner CW that tells me that I am eating too much and that I need to track my calories.

Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    There are other forums of the low carb variety that list daily 'what are you eating?' threads. I've got some great ideas for meal planning on those threads just by reading what other paleo/primals are eating.

shmee is offline Senior Member
    I am way late to this thread, but as I'm sitting here planning our next two weeks of meals, thought I would check here to see if anyone else started a thread along the same vein!

This is what our two week meal plans look like. Monday and Saturday are leftover days. a) because we always have a big Sunday family dinner and b) Saturday everyone is everywhere else most of the day and its pointless to cook.

Breakfasts:
    Coconut flour Pancakes/Eggs
    Sausage/Fruit w/ homemade yogurt
    Bacon wrapped bananas

Lunch:
    Coconut crusted chicken fingers
    pumpkin sausage soup
    egg salad wrapped in lettuce
    taco salad
    kitchen sink soup w/ cheese crackers

Supper:
    Rosemary lemon stuffed chicken