Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Best white Mayonnaise so far:)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5

    mm

    Shop Now
    ...
    Last edited by ladycarnivore; 07-08-2012 at 11:40 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Epic. Win.
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,795
    Pretty! I made a batch with 1/2 bacon fat and 1/2 MCT oil. It is yummy.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    432
    There is a MUCH quicker way to make mayo if you have an immersion blender. Add all ingredients to a wide mouth mason jar, starting with eggs and ending with oil. Stick in the immersion blender, turn it on, and SLOWLY (I mean slowly, S L O W L Y!) bring it up to the top. If it doesn't completely work the first time, bring the blender back to the bottom and repeat. I haven't failed yet using this method!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Great tip, opera mom!
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,795
    Is there a reason you are avoiding egg yolks?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Pretty! I made a batch with 1/2 bacon fat and 1/2 MCT oil. It is yummy.
    Any digestive distress from the MCT oil? That issue (and the price) are the only things that have been keeping me from trying it. Otherwise it seems like a pretty ideal choice.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Any digestive distress from the MCT oil? That issue (and the price) are the only things that have been keeping me from trying it. Otherwise it seems like a pretty ideal choice.
    I have had some distress when taking MCT oil straight, but not with food. I've used it for salad dressings and cooking eggs with no problems.

  9. #9
    otzi's Avatar
    otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Is there a reason you are avoiding egg yolks?
    I've been making mayo for years, but only ever used the yolks. I thought you couldn't make it with the whites! Mine always turns out yellowish--never like store bought. I'm gonna try with just whites tonight!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,795
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I've been making mayo for years, but only ever used the yolks. I thought you couldn't make it with the whites! Mine always turns out yellowish--never like store bought. I'm gonna try with just whites tonight!
    Most blender mayo recipes call for a whole egg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •