Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Pudding required - urgently! page

  1. #1
    breadsauce's Avatar
    breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    2,193

    Pudding required - urgently!

    HI .. I have 2 friends coming for dinner Saturday. Now, my partner and I don"t eat wheat or sugar. And one of our guests doesn't eat any dairy. My "go to" is fruit salad with cream. Can fruit salad be eaten without cream?

    Has anyone any ideas? If so -- many thanks!

  2. #2
    sixtoesgirl's Avatar
    sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    66
    Coconut milk mousse. Coconut milk with cocoa powder (a bit of honey if you'd like) and topped with berries. Fruit salad is good without topping, however. I'm sure you could mix in other fruit with the coconut milk if you'd like. I wonder if blending a banana in the coconut milk would be tasty (now I want to go home and try it)..... I think there was a thread in here with the recipe (for the mousse).

  3. #3
    ErinC's Avatar
    ErinC is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    263
    I just wanted to say that I love the title of this thread.

  4. #4
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    Ooh, raw deal, dude. Was just going to say fruit + devon cream is pretty much the voice of God.
    sub coconut milk, best bet I think.
    Sixtoes is on to something though. Have you tried paleo pudding using avocado, banana, and cocoa powder?
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    ennasirk's Avatar
    ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Posts
    787
    How about chocolate avocado pudding? (It does involve honey - don't know if you include raw honey in your "no sugar" restriction)

    http://greenteagrl.com/2011/05/recip...ocado-pudding/

    (BTW, I've made the pudding with plain old unsweetened cocoa powder, so if you don't have the "natural raw cacao powder" it's a perfectly reasonable substitute).
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

    My primal log


  6. #6
    jhc's Avatar
    jhc
    jhc is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    215
    Banana icecream always blows people away, and you can make it in advance provided you take it out of the freezer to defrost for at least 15 minutes before serving.

  7. #7
    Loana's Avatar
    Loana is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    13
    Banana in avocado pudding?! Thank you!! I love avocado pudding but adding banana sounds divine.

  8. #8
    breadsauce's Avatar
    breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtoesgirl View Post
    Coconut milk mousse. Coconut milk with cocoa powder (a bit of honey if you'd like) and topped with berries. Fruit salad is good without topping, however. I'm sure you could mix in other fruit with the coconut milk if you'd like. I wonder if blending a banana in the coconut milk would be tasty (now I want to go home and try it)..... I think there was a thread in here with the recipe (for the mousse).
    Do you have a recipe for this? It sounds good!

  9. #9
    breadsauce's Avatar
    breadsauce is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sussex
    Posts
    2,193
    Quote Originally Posted by ennasirk View Post
    How about chocolate avocado pudding? (It does involve honey - don't know if you include raw honey in your "no sugar" restriction)

    http://greenteagrl.com/2011/05/recip...ocado-pudding/

    (BTW, I've made the pudding with plain old unsweetened cocoa powder, so if you don't have the "natural raw cacao powder" it's a perfectly reasonable substitute).
    Thanks for the link - this look VERY hopeful! Can I add banana to this? Sliced, perhaps??

  10. #10
    norak's Avatar
    norak is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    504
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    My "go to" is fruit salad with cream. Can fruit salad be eaten without cream?
    Of course! (Not sure what any of this has to do with pudding, though.)

    Fruit salad is basically just different fruits cut into pieces and put into a bowl. No reason you can't eat it "as is".
    Norak's Primal Journal:
    2010-07-23: ~255lbs, ~40.0"
    2011-11-03: ~230lbs, ~35.5"
    2011-12-07: ~220lbs, ~34.0"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •