Thread: JamieRose- Primal Journal page

JamieRose is offline Member

JamieRose- Primal Journal

Primal Fuel

All right, here goes... I'm still relatively new to the primal lifestyle. I've been following it pretty well for the last couple of weeks, but there are still some changes I'd like to (and should) make. First, some background info-

I'm a nineteen year old female, 5'5", about 108 lbs. I'm not trying to lose weight, I'm just trying to live a healthy lifestyle. I used to follow CW to a tee; was running an hour every other day, constantly eating carby foods, etc. I've since ditched the grains (and don't even miss them! And I'm part Sicilian, pasta's huge to my family (= ), and most importantly have gotten really into cooking.

I guess I'll just jump right in then!

Today's menu so far:

breakfast: Greek yogurt with blueberries and cinnamon, coffee with cream

Currently snacking on: broccoli, celery, and bell pepper slices in almond butter

And for dinner I'm going out to get sushi, which I've never had before, but hopefully I'll find something primal and delicious there.

SUSHI WAS A BAD IDEA. Rice galore. I guess I should have figured as much, but, man. I abstained though! Next time, I get decide where to eat. Bleh.

Today, breakfast was three scrambled eggs in VCO, mixed with hot peppers, tomato, and onion, topped with garlic and pepper. Mmmmm. Also, coffee with cream.

Lunch is veggies and almond butter again, just because it's easy to take to work. Dinner will probably be a BAS and some shrimp.

If I'm feeling like a snack after that, I'll probably have an apple and/or some blueberries.

Dinner turned out to be flat top- nom nom nom. So good. Lots of veggies and chicken for me.

Breakfast was another yummy omellette and coffee, typical for me. Lunch will be the same too, and I'm still unsure about dinner. Maybe some salmon...

I bought somemore almonds yesterday, and the big bags of sliced ones were the cheapest. They're not organic or anything though, but I wonder if it matters for almonds, since I grind them up into butter anyways? Hm.

spacecowboy614 Guest

What's up Jamie? Just wanted to pop in and let you know people are watching (that came out kinda creepy, but I swear I meant it in an encouraging way...)

When you go to a sushi restaurant, try ordering sashimi, which is just raw fish (basically sushi without the rice). So good. And most definitely primal!

Sashimi, sounds good, I will have to remember that next time! I felt so dumb, since I just had no idea most everything came wrapped in sticky rice... duh.

I spent most of the time picking the salmon out of each roll, and just made a huge mess. :P

Yesterday, I only ate one meal around 3- My sister took me to Olive Garden, and I ate a TON of salad, and has the herb grilled salmon. Sooo good.

Today, it's been an apple and almond butter, and earlier some eggs and veggies with garlic. I could put garlic on just about everything, I love it. Probably the BAS tonight.

When I work out, I usually do ten minutes of running, and walk for 45 minutes or so while I read. Does ten minutes of running qualify for chronic cardio? hrrrm. It's still a huge improvement from my old 6 mile every other day run. I weight lift also, and do this about three or four times a week.

PrimalCon New York

I have been slacking on this... But it's been pretty regular this past week. Last night I got to go to flat top, though, which is an awesome place to eat if your primal. I think next time I going to put in the white stick that says "allergy warning", though- there were a bunch of noodles in mine that must have come from someone else's meal being stir fried. I know I didn't put them there!

And I started adding turmeric to my many spices I use regularly (garlic, Italian seasonings, ground cayenne pepper)- yum.