I went on vacation... Thurs through Sunday... and I'm pretty sure we stayed primal and true to the lifestyle.

We started Oct 1...

Thursday was road trip day.
B: hard boiled egg, apple, coffee with goat milk and tsp sugar
L: we stopped at a rest area, cut up 2 bell peppers and had some cheese

Exercise - disc golf in Palisade - husband played, I walked/jogged behind with the dog - we are good disc finders!

S: banana
D: we arrived at our friends house - after telling them about our eating habits - my husband's buddy promptly freaked out saying we didn't eat ANYTHING anymore.... luckliy my husband's buddy's wife remained calm... we had pork roast with apples and onions for dinner. *roll eyes* 2 glasses of pinot noir.

Friday
Up at at 'em for a 1.5 hr alpine hike at altitude - gorgeous!
B: 2 overeasy eggs with bacon, coffee with milk and a little sugar
S: we headed to a disc golf course but it was around lunch - I was starving - we stopped at a gas station where I bought roasted pumpkin seeds...

We went to the Fruita disc golf course and I walked with while my husband played...1.5 hrs

L: Husbands buddy was with us and again with the "Well, where CAN you guys eat?" We tell him anywhere... he takes us to Hot Tomato Pizza.... they have fabulous salads! I have a mixed greens salad with walnuts, dried cranberries, goat cheese and grilled chicken. Unsweetened ice tea.... I scarf it down cuz I'm hungry! Satisfying and so tasty!

D: We cook... baked chix breasts with a slice of pancetta and a slice of havarti.... portabella mushroom caps stuffed with sundried tomatoes, artichoke hearts and our homemade chevre from our dairy goats.... dessert is baked peach halves dipped in butter, little bit of cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top... and a little goat cheese mixed with an egg yolk and vanilla. 2 glasses of red wine....

Saturday
B: grapefruit, cheese

hour long alpine hike with the dog

L: salami slices, pickles, apple

we go to town and I'm starving... I pick up a pack of unsalted cashews/almonds/pepitas and raisins from Bed Bath and Beyond while my husband's buddy is running errands and the husband is playing disc golf at the state championships....

D: we meet my husband at The Hot Tomato... a couple beers and another mixed greens, grilled chix, dried cranberries, walnuts, goat cheese salad - it's so tasty.

Dessert that night is 71% dark chocolate and some port wine shared between all back at the house.... fabulous

Sunday:
B: 2 eggs overeasy, 4 links of sausage, coffee with milk and a little sugar

Husband goes to play golf, his buddy, his buddy's wife and I go 4 wheeling.... FUN!

L: We meet husband in Palisade for awards... they aren't done yet so we go to lunch at the brew pub. I have 2 beers.... smoked brisket sandwich with grilled onions/peppers/provolone cheese no bun.... cucumber salad vs. chips.

D: Nothing really - we are driving back to N. Colorado and we stop at a gas station.... I have an unsweetened ice tea and I buy a pkg of pistachios to snack on....

I feel really good about sticking to the diet while on vacation!

It wasn't really very difficult.... other than the husbands buddy freaking out and going on and on and on ad nauseum about how restrictive our diet was.... ?? and we don't feel it really is... we can find things on any menu and we can go anywhere to eat....or have so far and we are day 17 in....