Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't be happier (working on healthier) page 4

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    tough week, glad it's (almost) over.

Again eating is getting better as the week / stomach flu progresses.
    Wed night felt kinda pukey and shakey - skipped dinner, IF'd brekkie, and only had about 400 cal for lunch, meat and veg so I realized the pukey shakey feeling was probably a mixture of dehydration and lack of eating - monday sick(didn't eat), tuesday sick (ate once), wednesday still kinda sick (ate once).
    so Thursday (yesterday) was one of those days that I couldn't eat enough. I was ravenous - I love that word...ravenous.
    anyway
    B:4 eggs and 4pc bacon, L: grilled chicken salad with two chicken breast for lunch, D: meatballs in red sauce over buttered cauliflower....and the last of the dark chocolate

Today is back to normal - IF for breakfast, lunch meat, cheese and vegg, dinner - well dinner may contain some 'indulgences'
    calf muscle is back to normal so back to lifting again.

forward
    pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

SweetPickles is offline Senior Member
    Hi pbj! Just catching up on your journal. Sorry to hear you've been sick, but congratulations on your 12 inches lost - wow, wow, wow!

pbj
    Thanks SweetPickles!
    I'll head over to check up on you when I'm done here!

Well, this weekend something truly amazing happened... It was a pretty normal friday, wake up feeling pretty awesome, work and IF til noon..(Oh, and booked a mediterranean cruise for this summer... super excited! ). Friday night my husband was speaking at a 'beer dinner' which is usually 4-7 courses paired with different craft beers from his company.
    The salad was good. ....
    Well actually it was all good, although I could only have the braised pork cheek and not the pasta or garlic bread, I couldn't eat the breadpudding and homemade ice cream...mmmm but the beer was excellent!
    Anyway, saturday morning my husband and I are lazing around the house after breakfast (sweet potato pork sausage and egg hash) and he said "so we're going to the mediterranean for two weeks?" "Yup," I said.
    silence.
    "So what kind of things am I not supposed to eat on this diet of yours?"

All day we talked about it, off and on. I told him of course all the amazing benefits - feeling 'lighter' on the inside...like your guts aren't weighed down anymore. All the bacon, steak, eggs, butter....etc. he gets to eat - but then how it ends up that he will feel more in tune with how is body feels and what it wants / needs.

Well, I think I convinced him - well my convincing prose.... and the fact that he lost 3 pounds this weekend. lol

anyway, wish me (us) luck!

forward
    pbj
    Last edited by pbj; 01-16-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

pbj
    Husb is still on board! yay!

Aaaaand I just had a handful of popcorn! really?!?!?!?

Ugh. Oh, well. It's not enought to make my GI upset - just enough to annoy me.
    Thinking more about IF'ng today - I have gradually moved to IFng til noon most days, but somedays it's harder to make it that long. Wondering if I could up the nutrients and calories for my dinner and it would make it easier to last til lunch.
    my weight is stable to losing gradually so I think if I work with what my dinner consists of, I can IF longer.
    Looking at leangains too.

interesting thoughts going on in my head right now

forward
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

Melisa is offline Member
    Grundy Center, Iowa (Not exactly primal friendly in the land of corn and confinements!)
    I've been IFing on and off too, but I find that if I have a big dinner, I'm hungrier in the morning. I find that I can fast for 24 hours pretty easily, but some days IFing seems like my stomach is going to eat itself!
    Melisa Anderson
    Holistic Wellness Coach, Personal Trainer
    1-1-12: 175lbs

"Live a fearless life and stay focused on things you wish to have or things you wish to see happen in life.
    "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear." ~ Brian Tracy

pbj
    TGIF and TGFB!!

I'm a horrible journal writer. Apparently I'm a better lurker / reader than I am a writer - oh well. It appears also that journalling isn't something overly necessary for my journey to better health - just the gathering of information for processing.
    For instance - reading about primal / paleo here and other places on the web, learning by listening to my body for what it needs and likes and what it does not like has been the most important thing for me.
    writing down what I ate? not so important.
    example: I haven't been writing down my food - however I HAVE been attempting to stay pretty strictly primal with a few indulgences (mainly excellent beer / wine!). Unfortunately, I made a conscious decision to eat pizza with the boys at a hockey tournament this last weekend - two regular size pieces, spinach chicken alfredo... yummm. Anyway, that combined with the yummy stout I was drinking gave me some pretty nasty tummy/Acid reflux issues for about 36 hours...
    sooo - lessen learned. I have no problem removing pizza from my choices, although I'm certain I'll have some again...but it will be an informed choice because I know what the consequences are (icky feeling and bloating!)
    I'm thinking I'm due for measurements again - and I should probably take pictures at some point. I don't have a starting photo - just random pics from summer in a swimsuit should do though.

forward,
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

Melisa is offline Member
    Grundy Center, Iowa (Not exactly primal friendly in the land of corn and confinements!)
    I find I don't need to write down my food either. I just make decent decisions at each meal.
    Melisa Anderson
    Holistic Wellness Coach, Personal Trainer
    1-1-12: 175lbs

"Live a fearless life and stay focused on things you wish to have or things you wish to see happen in life.
    "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear." ~ Brian Tracy

pbj
    Frustrated today
    I totally thought husb was on-board...then he had toast on sunday morning...toast? WTF is that? I asked him about it and he said he wanted something sweet....
    seriously?
    Then last night he told me he wanted to order chinese with noodles..."Really?" I asked. "noodles?"
    He looked strait at me and said "why - what's wrong with noodles?

palm-forehead

I said "nothing is wrong with noodles honey, you have to want to make the change for yourself...order what you want." and walked away.

I can't do anything else about it - I've given him the info - answered every question, made primal meals...
    huh - not gonna stress about it.

It's time to focus on exercise for me. I put on a new bikini that I had just bought and I'm still a little soft in the middle still, so it's time to get back into it. I generally design my own workout routines and this time I'll do it with primal fitness in mind.

3x a week is what I plan to do - work in a sprint on the weekends

gonna head over to the fitness forum - I may post my workout routine(s) here...or maybe there.

forward
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

pbj
    Checking in quickly:

Everything is going pretty smoothly - I'm slowly transitioning gluten / flour out of the house and getting less push-back than I did before - slow and steady is the key I guess. An 100% transition worked like a charm for me - not so much for the boys in my life. lol

Eating issues - chocolate. 85% dark, but still...put it down and walk away Beth. Geez.
    Otherwise primarily primal - no wheat, no flour at all...minimal sweets / sugars / sauces at home....I might have had breaded chicken on a salad from a fast food place....and the dressing they provided....Bad girl.
    Going to start making my own Mayonnaise when my current "natural Olive Oil" mayo from the grocery runs out.

Mainly I'm trying to pay attention to the overall quality of the food I eat and monitor how I feel after I eat certain things.
    Avoiding wheat and flour for the most part has made the biggest difference and keeping my sugars and bad oils relatively low as well.
    That and almost daily IF - I just gradually turned to not eating breakfast, Not to lose weight specifically...just because I wasn't hungry. I have coffee - sometimes I add coconut oil, sometimes I forget. but that and water keep me going until about 11:30 and my last meal is 7-8 at night - so it ends up being around 16 hour IF's every day monday through friday. It works for me.
    BUT - if I'm hungry...I eat.

Oh - excited!!!! called the locker today to order the cutting on the 1/2 grass fed beef I bought from a local farmer friend. YAY! canNOT wait for the first steak on the grill!!! And I got the soup bones for making bone broth - I haven't tried to make it yet!

Exercise - doing well - designed my own bodyweight / dumbell circuit for 3x per week.
    Need to do the moving slowly - walking the dog would suffice - currently my husband does it when he's home...but after I leave for work. It will be easier since hockey practice is over and it's getting warmer so I can go at night.

took some pics - don't like them - but it is necessary - I'll try to get something together with the measurements I take next week for my 6 month.

How's that for an update?

forward,
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

pbj
    I suck at journalling.

However I am pretty good at not eating processed food! lol
    Eating has been really clean - very little gluten, if at all. Occasionally we eat out but even the 12 yo would rather eat at home so that's something! I think in the last 3 weeks, I've eaten out 3 times...maybe?
    I have moved up to 90% cocoa for my treat / dessert and I absolutely love it. I eat less of it than the 85%
    I had a diet coke yesterday and got a headache and an upset stomach from it. Another lesson learned. It was too sweet anyway, and water tastes better.
    I will occasionally have a pc of pizza - I usually just eat the toppings off, but the crust...while delicious...is just not worth it.
    I need to reduce coffee - I
    had to cut out bananas - I had a whole one...in the same day as I had dairy (greek yogurt) and I had a resurgence of IBS constipation. For 3 days...Ugh.
    I think I can have a few banana slices with some other fruit maybe - not when I have yogurt

Exercise:
    A friend wanted to do FXB - a kickboxing 10 wk program...and I signed up with her. I'm excited, I've never done kick boxing before. The only thing is that it is 6 days a week and I know I don't currently eating enough for that amount of exercise...so I will be hanging out on the fitness / athletes forum to figure out carb additions, what to add, etc.
    However, the 10 weeks ends when I leave for our europe trip!

update done!

forward,
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast