Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Couldn't be happier (working on healthier) page 3

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Shop Now
    Nice job on day two of scale-free! I started to avoid scales for a while to make sure that I got a good visual and physical sense of where my body was. It's helped a lot in teaching me to pay more attention to how my body feels and eliminate problem foods. It's easy for me because I don't have regular access to an accurate scale anyway
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Nice job on day two of scale-free! I started to avoid scales for a while to make sure that I got a good visual and physical sense of where my body was. It's helped a lot in teaching me to pay more attention to how my body feels and eliminate problem foods. It's easy for me because I don't have regular access to an accurate scale anyway
    Thanks - It's going to be a struggle for sure. Actually, the more difficult part will be (and should be) evaluating my feelings about my weight / body.

super lunch today - 5 egg omelette in butter with spinach and mushrooms. I expect to be full until dinner - or later.

forward

pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

pbj
    12 weeks Primal - food prep time still the biggest issue. son has hockey 4 times a week plus weekend tournaments so making dinner, plus extra (for lunches) is tough.
    day 8 no scale - seems to take a longer time to get ready - knowing my 'weight' would steer me toward certain clothes...no I have to go by what I see in the mirror and how I feel. ugh. I end up standing in my closet just staring blankly until something jumps out at me.

On a much brighter note - I noticed in the shower how good my arms look now - muscles and everything! It's like a 1/2 inch layer of fat is missing from all over...
    Oh, and my skin is better, my hair is growing super fast.

breakfast - 4 eggs scrambled in 2 tbsp butter and 3 pc bacon
    lunch - smoked pork
    dinner - I don't know, but I need some veggies! lol

forward
    pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

pbj
    no longer keeping track of how long I've been eating primal - I looked at my last post and saw that it was 3 months, so I'm pretty sure I can stop keeping track! lol

Still not weighing myself, I'm going to wait until after new years I think. However, I did measure myself. Holy Shit!

I measured my waist in two places both at the belly button and the lower abs (pooch area), thighs, arms, butt, ribcage, boobs and I've lost > 12 inches all over....>12 inches!!!

waist at belly button - down 3 inches
    waist at pooch - down 4 inches! seriously need to punch holes in belts!
    bicep, thigh, and ribcage (under boobs) - all down 1 inch
    butt - down 2.5 inches! size 8 to size 6
    chest - down 1.5 inches

crazy

pbj
    my info:

My journal

pbj
    got on the scale this weekend - no change in weight...which is good, I guess...that it didn't go up on my 2 week no weighing experiment.
    I'm going to wait until new years to weigh myself again.
    Jeans are all loose - even the size 6s that I bought a few weeks ago, more evidence that this is working!

eating has been good - restricting carbs to mainly vegetable ones, carrots, peas, potatoes, a few pc of fruit and a bit of rice with homemade stirfry.
    it's harder when we travel for hockey games - and trying to explain that I don't have celiac's desease, but I'm eating gluten free for my health..

mood - pre-christmas blahs...ugh.

forward

pbj
    my info:

My journal

pbj
    3 days left 'til christmas and I still have so much to do!

Tonight I am making dark chocolate, macadamia nut and sea salt bark for the family, as well as some lotions and non-primal treats.

We do home-made gifts in our family for the older kids (my brother, sisters and I) One of my sister knits, another takes fabulous pictures, my mom sews, and I make things in the kitchen - homemade treats, lotions, soaps, etc. That way we are free to spend moola on our kids!

Still no scale, adjusting to not knowing a " number " to go by. It's still weird, I don't know if I'll ever get used to having a perception of myself that doesn't have a weight attached.
    Perceptions change:
    My size 10s are going to goodwill
    My size 8s are baggy
    My size 6s are getting loose...and I only have a few of these - probably going to have to shop
    Belts are needing new holes
    My favorite leather jacket is too big now - will probably need a new one

Thank god my shoe collection won't need to be replaced - my husband would have a heart attack!

forward

pbj
    my info:

My journal

pbj
    So
    Christmas is come and gone (apparently I've been a very good girl ) and new years eve is on deck. I indulged a little last weekend which resulted in some GI distress and coming down with a cold. I truly believe they are connected! Eating cheap processed food now makes me more than GI sick - it makes me more susceptible to other sickness. Wow - another reason to not eat crap anti-food.
    checked the scale after the christmas weekend chocolate / almond bark pretzel debacle....and I had gained 2 pounds.
    that's all?
    really?

Onward then - all my new favorite clothes still fit awesome (not new as in just purchased, new favorite as in now it fits and looks hot!)
    Thank the shoe gods that my collection is as vast as it is - otherwise I would have to buy new shoes to go with the hotness!! lol

still having a bit of trouble finding time to cook primal - it's just a matter of switching things around, and making do with the time I have - like last night: got home at 5:20 from work, had to leave for hockey in 40 minutes and nothing was thawed. Ended up making big fat burgers on the george forman, a ton of veggies covered in butter (and mac and cheese for the 12yo). Lo and behold, the husband ate his burger without a bun...!
    So after dinner I got out some skin on chicken thighs and legs to thaw and put them in the crock pot this morning to cook all day for tonight's meal. This was in addition to making pork sausage patties and 4 egg scramble for breakfast. I'll have to dig in the freezer for something to pull out for tomorrow's meal.

Anyway - it's not easy having something primal in the house to eat all the time, and with the holidays it seems it's harder to plan --- and less time!

Well - tonight I'm changing up my fitness routine a little: some heavier lifting than I have been doing so I'm excited!

forward
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

pbj
    almost lunch time, thank goodness! Another IF morning - I would say 4 of 7 mornings are IF til lunch, so from dinner the night before til lunch is about 16-17 hours. No snacking, water and black coffee only. I love IFing, almost as much as I love bacon

Started lifting heavier, working up to barbell lifts for the gym. I really enjoy lifting, especially squats and deadlifts so I'm excited to see gains for those exercises. Upper body is slower - it's a goal of mine to be able to crank out a few pull ups (still working on negatives / assisted)

weight is the same - no real change since before christmas - I'm only weighing once a week or week and a half now, but I still have to stop myself from hopping on the scale before my shower in the am. Habit I guess.
    clothes still loose so I assume the measurements are the same - I'm going to wait 'til the end of the month to measure again so I'll have a whole month of heavier weight exercises to see how that affects my measurements.

finding time to make healthy meals ahead of time - still tough...sometimes I cook overnight in the crockpot while we are sleeping.
    We have a hockey tournament this weekend - hotels / restaurant food / junk (fast) food - it's always tough to get enough primal food to eat! but I plan on boiling some eggs and bringing some deer sausage for primal snacks / meals when I have no choices!

forward
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

Melisa is offline Member
    Grundy Center, Iowa (Not exactly primal friendly in the land of corn and confinements!)
    You are doing a great job! I've found, and so have my kids, that my mood is so much more even. And after just 2 days with no carbs, I had NO pms bitchiness that I normally have. Amazing!
    Melisa Anderson
    Holistic Wellness Coach, Personal Trainer
    1-1-12: 175lbs

"Live a fearless life and stay focused on things you wish to have or things you wish to see happen in life.
    "The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear." ~ Brian Tracy

pbj
    Wednesday
    eating has been good - some forced IF's, and a little stomach flu going around caused some eating issues - but all in all about 90%
    I'll have to say, not having toast during a mild stomach flu is torture - thank god I'm not prego with morning sickness! Toast is the only thing I ate for weeks!
    Need to let go of some of the dark chocolate - started with chamomile tea at night instead - no sugar or anything, but takes away the desire for chocolate.
    Lifting heavy things - squats/deadlifts/pullups/pushups/planks/presses, going well until I strained a calf muscle so I'm moving slowly for the last week.

gotta fly,

forward
    pbj
    my info:

My journal

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast