Siren is offline Senior Member

Found an "outsider's" support...

Primal Fuel
    8 Reasons Wheat is Making You Gain | Fitbie

let me know what y'all think!

pbj
    pbj is offline Senior Member
    I just saw that too - and I finished reading 'wheat belly' this weekend

I think it's great that the info is out there - millions of people have MSN.COM as their homepage....and there it is!

Now to get people to stop eating it!

pbj
    my info:

If you can't tell the truth about yourself, you can't tell it about other people --- Virginia Woolf

My journal

Tabby294 is offline Member
    great article~I am going to show it to my husband! Thanks for posting it!

mmsantos is offline Senior Member
    That is indeed a good sign! But I don't see people giving up pizza and bagels any time soon - even if CW tells them to.

Quote Originally Posted by mmsantos View Post
    That is indeed a good sign! But I don't see people giving up pizza and bagels any time soon - even if CW tells them to.
    Sad, but too true. I went on a walk to raise diabetes awareness this past weekend (in support of a co-worker's son; I don't actually support the ADA), and one of the free snacks at the event was (get ready for it).... bagels. Yes, BAGELS. At a DIABETES AWARENESS EVENT. My eyebrows went into my hairline. You'd think of all the places in the world where knowledge of the effect food has on insulin levels would be of utmost crucial importance, it would be at a gathering of many hundreds of diabetics. Sadly, no such luck. <sighs heavily>

mmsantos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siren View Post
    Sad, but too true. I went on a walk to raise diabetes awareness this past weekend (in support of a co-worker's son; I don't actually support the ADA), and one of the free snacks at the event was (get ready for it).... bagels. Yes, BAGELS. At a DIABETES AWARENESS EVENT. My eyebrows went into my hairline. You'd think of all the places in the world where knowledge of the effect food has on insulin levels would be of utmost crucial importance, it would be at a gathering of many hundreds of diabetics. Sadly, no such luck. <sighs heavily>
    That is very sad indeed! It's an uphill battle, but we'll keep fighting . The main problem in my opinion is mass ignorance. People genuinely believe there's nothing wrong with consuming vast quantities of grains. The next major problem is unwillingness to change. Most of the people I explain my diet to eventually come to the conclusion it sounds logical and healthy but then say something like "I couldn't do it", I'm sure you've been there. Keep spreading the word and eventually it'll sink in. I hope you shouted those exact words at the event haha. It would've certainly roused some debate!

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siren View Post
    OMG - that's sure discouraging. My dad has type 2 diabetes, and I've tried to talk to him and my mom about giving up grains, and they just won't hear of it. He eats whole wheat toast and oatmeal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, desserts any old time he's in the mood. He basically eats whatever he wants and just shoots up the right amount of insulin to deal with his blood sugar levels. When he crashes (which is frequent), he often reaches for a big glass of OJ or a scoop of ice cream to bring his blood sugar back up.

I echo your heavy sigh.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mmsantos View Post
    That is very sad indeed! It's an uphill battle, but we'll keep fighting . The main problem in my opinion is mass ignorance. People genuinely believe there's nothing wrong with consuming vast quantities of grains. The next major problem is unwillingness to change. Most of the people I explain my diet to eventually come to the conclusion it sounds logical and healthy but then say something like "I couldn't do it", I'm sure you've been there. Keep spreading the word and eventually it'll sink in. I hope you shouted those exact words at the event haha. It would've certainly roused some debate!
    People don't think there's anything wrong with eating grains because they've been told (and still currently are told) that grains are healthy. I'm not sure how it is in the UK but here in America all ads on TV push grains on people. Breakfast cereals, 'natural' granola products, etc... the message pushed by the media is "whole grains are life giving" basically, so for people to hear otherwise is very shocking and they don't feel confident enough to drop them in the face of such advertising.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    It's pretty easy, actually. Ask somebody to identify who told them that whole grains were healthy. They'll almost immediately realize it was advertising.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by duckmama View Post
    OMG - that's sure discouraging. My dad has type 2 diabetes, and I've tried to talk to him and my mom about giving up grains, and they just won't hear of it. He eats whole wheat toast and oatmeal for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, desserts any old time he's in the mood. He basically eats whatever he wants and just shoots up the right amount of insulin to deal with his blood sugar levels. When he crashes (which is frequent), he often reaches for a big glass of OJ or a scoop of ice cream to bring his blood sugar back up.

I echo your heavy sigh.
    Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear that. I doubt his doctor has explained to him why he has Type II in the first place =( If only the medical world would get on board with the truth about grains... I really hope your father sees the light before things become worse for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast