Thread: Eating Fat page

Communicator is offline Junior Member

Eating Fat

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,
    Been reading for a while, and decided to join and make a first post.
    I decided two weeks ago to give Primal a try, after readin MS's book, to lose some weight and still feel energetic and satisfied.
    My problem is this: I have no problem whatsoever with the low carb diet and vegetables of all kinds, but I find it hard to take the advice often posted here to eat more fat, good fat of course!
    I suppose it's years of listening to the standard healthy eating advice.
    In fact I am actually eating more protein these days than fat.
    I am taking coconut oil, olive oil, avocado, nuts, etc. but am slow to adopt the eating of animal fats in any volume.
    I probably need a bit of reassurance!
    Your thoughts appreciated.
    Communicator

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    As long as you are getting good fats into your diet you will be fine. You do not *have* to have animal fat. Most of my fat comes from coconut oil and olive oil.

Fufuhead is offline Member
    If you eat fatty meats, then you don't necessarily need to add animal fats. Ground beef, sausage, bacon, salmon, lamb, and any other fatty cuts of meat are great. Also, hopefully you're already eating the whole egg including the yolk. Those are my tips!

Also, keep in mind that what works for other people may not be what works for you. If you're feeling good and seeing the results you want, then I think you're on the right track! =)
    My Primal Journal

Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.

mmsantos is offline Senior Member
    If you plan on seriously going Primal, learn to love animal fat. Whether it be from beef, lamb, poultry, pork, bacon, eggs or fish (wild, organic, grass-fed, bone-in etc), human beings have been running on the stuff for millions of years, and you should too . Nuts, olive oil and avocados, while great foods which should be enjoyed, were only found in limited quantities in nature. Therefore I'd suggest shifting to animal fat as your principal source of energy asap! You will not regret it. I live off the stuff, and haven't been ill since I went Primal and never look back .

lardomuncher is offline Senior Member
    If you have some chicken with the skin on it, marbled steak, nice peace of fish like salmon, in addition to coconut oil, olive oil, avocado and nuts that you are already eating, you are probably getting enough fat. I wouldn't go out of my way to consume extra animal fat aside from what you are getting in a regular meal.

Quote Originally Posted by lardomuncher View Post
    If you have some chicken with the skin on it, marbled steak, nice peace of fish like salmon, in addition to coconut oil, olive oil, avocado and nuts that you are already eating, you are probably getting enough fat. I wouldn't go out of my way to consume extra animal fat aside from what you are getting in a regular meal.
    +1 on the name!

brachiate is offline Senior Member

Isn't evolution and common sense evidence enough?