Thread: Woody's Primal Journal page

Primalwoody is offline Member

Woody's Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    Day 1

B- Strawberries and Blueberries

L- Grass fed chicken soup with carrots, potatoes, cabbage and zucchini

D- White fish, peppers and white rice

I am still including a few cheats with the rice and potatoes, but with two kids under 3 I am assuming that may happen from time to time.

I drank a ton of water and that seemed to help.

Workout- Spartacus workout from Men's Health

I did great all day and tanked at night. I thought I had it in the bag but I caved with a few cheats. I forgave myself though and will make a better effort tomorrow.
    Last edited by Primalwoody; 10-18-2011 at 08:09 AM.

Day 2

Off to a great start.

Did 10 minutes of jumping jacks and jumping rope, followed by 50 burpees.

B- Eggs and Bacon, Beet/Carrot/Manderine juice

snack- blueberries, strawberries and almonds

L-Chicken, Carrot, Zucchini soup

Snack- Peanut m and m's and a meat and cheese plate (oops!)

Dinner- Cheese burger, some fries....my wife is starting primal tomorrow so I took one for the team. Man I am a softy!!!
    Last edited by Primalwoody; 10-19-2011 at 07:54 AM.

Day 3

So, my wife and I are both Primal, so even though I have not really followed things consistently, getting her to see the light has been worth it.

B- nuts, seeds, berries

I want to drink a lot of water today and so far things are going well.

L- Chicken Curry (was so good) with veggies

Dinner- Eggs

Dinner- Hamburger/Chicken with some cuscus (spelling?), natural juice

Snack- Made the sweet and Salty primal mix and it was fantastic
    Last edited by Primalwoody; 10-20-2011 at 07:33 AM.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Hello! I would like to say good luck on your journey!

My journey has personally been a long one (at least it feels that way already!), and you are very lucky to have a supportive wife who wants to jump on the bandwagon.

I have a few pieces of advice that really worked for me (that I know don't work for everyone but are sound.)

• Nuts are one of those things you snack on, not have as a full meal. The omega 6 is inflamatory and you need omega-3 much much more. Just watch your seed intake (though I do hanker for chocolate covered sunflower seeds often!)
    • Berries are great! Try to eat them post workout to get the maximum benefit of your low carb lifestyle for now...
    • Be prepared for carb flu! It doesn't hit everyone, but it hit me really hard. Feel free to take naps while your body learns how to heal/recover itself from your new lifestyle
    • If weight loss is on your plate, have sweet potatoes instead, though I love a good potato post workout. I had one once and realized that I am doing LOTS of exercise and need to introduce starches back into my diet. E.G. more sweet potatoes.
    • Have fun! It already sounds like you are.
    • Once your body is used to fat as your main source of food, then start fasting before workouts. I usually go about 14 hours without food (including sleep so my liver has to dump the glucose to wake me up.)

Yeah it's a lot, but you can pick and choose what works for you. That's the beauty of listening to your body.

Go have some fun.

Edit: By the way, what are your goals?
    Last edited by fpsjosh01; 10-19-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Thanks for the reply! Having the support from others on this board is fantastic. The advise was much appreciated. To be honest I am still new to really understanding the best foods to eat when. Your bullets are so great.

As far as goals, I still need to articulate them. I am not in this for weight lose, although my wife is, and it will happen naturally. I have always been fairly fit, but I tend to get sick often. I struggle with allergies and I have a heart condition that is hereditary called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Diet is so important and this primal living seems to fit what I want.

Thanks again for the response.

Day 4

Started off with a whey protein, banana, blueberry smoothie before my workout. We hit it hard this morning with a VIPR workout. So fantastic, and it included a ton of core work.

Followed this up with some Eggs and a ton of water throughout the morning. Feeling fantastic, energized...can't say enough.

Lunch- I had a salad with chicken, olives and some olive oil.

Dinner- Was stuck in a tough spot...away from home for work and no food packed. So, I ate at a Peruvian rest. (I live in Chile) Turkey sandwich loaded with veggies and incredible sauce. Natural berry juice. It was early though so I really didn't eat anything else except for handful of primal trail mix.
    Last edited by Primalwoody; 10-21-2011 at 04:24 AM.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Primalwoody View Post
    Thanks for the reply! Having the support from others on this board is fantastic. The advise was much appreciated. To be honest I am still new to really understanding the best foods to eat when. Your bullets are so great.

As far as goals, I still need to articulate them. I am not in this for weight lose, although my wife is, and it will happen naturally. I have always been fairly fit, but I tend to get sick often. I struggle with allergies and I have a heart condition that is hereditary called Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. Diet is so important and this primal living seems to fit what I want.

Thanks again for the response.
    No problem.

Your wife should watch her carb intake to about 75/maybe a bit more. Tell her to eat eggs fried in coconut oil every day. Eat entire pads of butter/spoonfuls of coconut oil to drop her body into ketosis for a few days. Carb intake at that point will be maybe 25g a day.

After that, raise up carb intake to at least 75g in vegtables. Thats pretty much the sweet spot. Though everybody is different and has slightly different nutritional needs.

Dont let people fool you here, vegtables are much more important than bacon in weight loss.
    Though bacon definitely helps!
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

I will let her know. I am amazed at the knowledge of people of this board. I feel so out of the loop, but understand that this will come with reading and staying the course.

Thanks!

Day 5

Well as I think back to the last 4 days, here are my thoughts:

1. Wow this is challenging, but very rewarding
    2. I feel wonderful just after a few days
    3. The people on this board are so supportive and knowledgeable
    4. I truly believe in this habit of life and don't see it as a quick fix.

Truly, thank you Mark and thank you MDA community!

I have slept so well the last few nights. Deep deep sleep.

Got to see my girls in the morning before work...what a treat that is. They helped me fix my eggs, and they were able to have a treat (even though it is primal) for breakfast. Muffins made the primal way.

We have a staff lunch today put on by the parents here (I work at a school). I am sure there will be challenges, but I feel so relaxed about making good decisions.

Happy Friday everyone!

Well I did it!!! I went to the luncheon and I was 100% primal...well where does red wine fall? Come on, I live in Chile...wine capital of the world to the locals!

Have a great weekend....be safe, be smart.

Woody
    Last edited by Primalwoody; 10-21-2011 at 12:13 PM.

Day 6

Awesome Saturday here in Chile. The weather this time of year starts to get nice....possibly the best in the world for the next 6 months.

I was outside with the girls all day! Hit the gym for a cross fit session, came home and fixed primal pancakes for the family. I ate eggs. We had chicken/aguacate tacos for lunch, and I made a berry smoothie for everyone. We also made pumpkin cookies that were great. Not really 100% primal but not bad.

Went to a birthday party for one of my daughter's friends, and the parents are primal as well. While there were still things for kids that were not so great, we had steak, sausage and Chilean wine. Perfection in my book. They also has a blow up play area for the kids and I was in there playing for a long time. Actually was really tiring!!

Just a fantastic day! I am feeling the need to drink a lot of water tonight. Sometimes I feel dehydrated when I go closer to full primal. Does that happen to anyone else?

Life is good!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast