Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don 't think this works for me! page

Diana3249 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Don 't think this works for me!

I have been on PB for about 2.5 weeks. The first week more trial and error. Since then I have been about 90% and track all my carbs, keeping them between 50 and 80. This does not seem to be working. I walk everyday. I go to the gym 3 times a week to do weights. I have lost 0. My other problem is my bowels, which go between constipation to diarhea. Prior to PB, I exercised and watched my calories, staying about 1200 per day. I have been eating gluten free for 15 years. I lost on the calorie plan 21 pounds in 4 months. Like I said since I'm on PB I have lost nothing and now have bowel problems to deal with. (this was not an issue before) I read all the comments on this forum about all the great results, but is it possible that this diet does not work for everyone. I really miss alot of my previous grain foods and fruits that I do without to keep down the carbs. I don't even remember what sugar tastes like. I can do this if I get results, but so far it's like beating my head against the wall. It just hurts!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    If you expected a chorus and some miracle you were looking in the wrong place. Read the book and put more time in. There is no easy fix or solution. No overnight sensations.. just time and hard work.

*sigh.. still grumpy*
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    LOL 2.5 weeks... That is barely enough time to reprogram your genes.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Especially for women, it's not a good idea to get on the scale in that first month. There are many complex metabolic, hormonal, and genetic maneuverings going on that do not show up on any scale. Your body is very busy right now.

The people you see who lose a lot in the beginning are just shedding all the inflammation they've been packing around (a.k.a. "water weight").

My gut didn't know which way was up in the beginning, either. It happens to a lot of us here. This will resolve itself and your body will find its way.

Give it more time. This is not a diet, nor is it a sprint. It's a lifestyle change and a marathon with all sorts of twists and turns along the trail.

Are you looking for a diet?
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Diana3249 is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone. Like I said this is all new to me. I wasn't expecting a miracle, I just wasn't prepared for my whole sysrtm to go into an uproar since I was already gluten free. My only other live source besides all you good people is my son. He had no problem adjusting and the weight is falling off him. I just wasn't sure if I was on the right track. Maybe there should be a permanent thread for beginners problems. I tried going through the forum, there is a lot there, but everyone was telling about there great success. I'm sure I'm not the only newbie who has these concerns.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Do a search for carb flu. For some people it takes up to 30 days before they start feeling better again. Hang in there.

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    You don't have to go low-carb. Introducing a few starchy carbs might help.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    50-80 grams of carbs a day isn't really low carb
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    While I agree with the others saying it can take time, could we see an example of a typical day's food?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    1200 cals a day, lifting and working out beyond that? How much do you weigh? If you were eating at that big of a deficit for that long you shouldn't have much left if anything to lose.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast