Thread: New to the forum page

AndyR611 is offline Junior Member

New to the forum

Shop Now
    Hi
    I am new to the forum here and have been lurking around a while and getting a ton of info. Some history of me I lost 45 kilos doing atkins at first and then a variety of other diets that were suggested. For the last year I am stuck no matter what I do I exercise 4 times a week mostly weight lifting and resistance training but still I cant manage to get any good results. I even went to a dietician/nutritionist who made me a plan with no success he said I am 43 with the metabolic age of 57 he said probably from the diets I had done in the past. Well while reading this forum I came across the article on Leptin resistance while reading this article a light went off in my head, that article could have been written about me and suddenly a lot of things made sense, I don't eat sugars or white products, I eat mostly vegetables and protein and some dairy, I work out and am physically muscular and strong. The nutritionist added more carbs to my diet in the form of brown rice and oats.
    What struck me was while reading this post I read a sentence about low metabolism and Leptin resistance and wondered why he didn't pick this up?
    Well from tomorrow I am starting a primal way of eating cutting out the carbs that he added for me and doing the leptin reset program
    IF my suspicions are correct this should give me a boost in the right direction and get me back on track and also explain what has been going on for the past year with not managing to get results even though I am doing things "by the book"

Nice meeting you all and keep up the good work and flow of information
    Andy

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Research about leptin seems to be fairly new, significantly newer even than the Paleo/primal way of thought. It fits in with primal, so people have picked up on it around here, but it really isn't mainstream yet, not even at the level that paleo is.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Andy! Good luck with primal.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.