Thread: Welts appear after eating page

O So Positive Guest

I have been eating primal for a while now, but recently have been getting welts on my skin after eating. Has anyone elso experienced this? What causes this?

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Hmm. Sounds like you're allergic to something. Start journaling what you're eating and reactions.

Do you get welts every time you eat?

Are the welts in the same place each time? Do you get them all over?

Are they like hives? I get welts/hives on the fingers of my right hand occasionally. I have always attributed them to some type of adrenal-related reaction.. since my adrenals are sometimes weak'ish. I've heard (can't remember where) that adrenal related hives are the result of not eating balanced meals. Not sure what to make of that though.

O So Positive Guest

I do journal and after looking at it think it could be eggs or dairy? I do get them after I eat and they are generally on my jaw bone, neck and behind my ears. I have had the red bumps on my right hand fingers as well. Generally my index finger. Today I didnt eat any eggs so I will see if tomorrow they are any better. It will probably take a few days to clear up.

Ecala is offline Junior Member

Hmm interesting. Keep me posted- I'd be curious to see if not eating eggs makes a difference.

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

I get the same problem too with bumps, they concentrate on my index fingers though... I've been thinking about seeing a dermatologist, but I'm afraid they'll just look at them and give me a cream or something (I've had little luck with doctors here...) without trying to figure out what's wrong. For me, they tend to appear when I slip off the blueprint and land in a few days of eating garbage foods, but those situations usually also involve lack of sleep and stress, so I don't know if I can pin it on just the foods.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

For those of you with finger-bumps... if they're itchy and like teeny tiny little blisters, it's probably dishydrotic eczema.

I get that, especially when it's very hot out (especially in humidity) or under stress. Icing the bumps helps with itching, as does hydrocortisone cream (OTC). Also if I can pick off the top of the bump to "pop" it it keeps from spreading and making more bumps...sounds gross but now that I know how to control it better I only get a couple bumps when it does break out... and not often.

If you google for pictures they all look so gross and extreme... but I've never had it that bad. haha.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.