Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Releasing my inner siren - ErinF page 4

evertastica is offline Member
    ErinF, I was just reading through most of your journal here and I wanted to offer some words of encouragement because it seems you're having a bit of a struggle at the moment. You've made some great progress! You are definitely facing a few more challenges than the typical person but at least you're aware of what you need to do.

Hopefully you can sort out the sleeping situation, I know that makes a big difference in how I feel. You seem to be under some stress lately which doesn't help matters. Don't watch the scale for a couple weeks maybe? Get yourself on track mentally and then start worrying about the numbers again. So what if it goes up a few pounds? Is 5lbs going to ruin your life, chances are once you get life sorted out the "stress" weight will fall right off. Eat when hungry, eat whole/real foods, when the temptations come push through because you know long term you'll feel better!
    Remember that every day is a new day and you can start fresh! Tomorrow no more spinning around Wake up, drink a glass of water and start off with a smile. Even if you don't feel like it, try and get outside for about 10min and breathe some fresh air too.

Good luck!
    Also, if you fail once or twice during a day don't let yourself go and say you'll start tomorrow. Just keep on track for the rest of the day. I know I've done that before, accidental slip up sometimes turns into an outrageous binge which I feel horribly guilty about.
    Last edited by evertastica; 03-05-2012 at 09:55 PM.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, after a day like yesterday I really needed it. I know today will be better. I think I just let everything bottle up and it just all exploded at once yesterday.

I did actually pack my scale a few weeks ago so I haven't been watching my weight at all. It has helped, more than I actually thought it would. I don't plan on unpacking the scale when I get to Utah. It's better to use the mirror and how I feel as the best gauge of how I'm progressing.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I had a lot of anxiety about slipping up until I did a Whole30 in January. Knowing that for 30 days I was accountable and wheat was not an option made me feel better about "eating clean" since then. I've had one cookie (worth the cheat) and a sip of soda since then. If you can manage a Whole30 at some point, I highly recommend it!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

That's a great idea, I was hoping I would be able to do a whole30 after my surgery. I think that would probably be the best thing to help my body heal. I just have so much going on right now I haven't been able to sit down and plan it. I know once my husband actually leaves I'll be able to sit down and plan everything and hopefully de-stress. Things are just in complete chaos right now. I only have two more days of this and then life will start to settle down for me, I hope.

I'm missing my husband, it's been 3 days since he left on his deployment and I'm starting to think today is the first day it's really sunk in. Depression sucks.

It has been two weeks since my surgery and I can't believe how well I'm doing. According to the doctors I should still be in bed in massive amounts of pain and drugged up with all the pain meds and muscle relaxers. I'm up and moving, not too much, but I feel pretty good. I haven't taken pain pills for a few days now. I contribute my quick recovery to the primal diet. I'm not able to exercise at all yet, but I bet when I do I'll feel so great! I had no idea how rough an abdominoplasty was. I figured one week down and back to normal, ha! My doctor couldn't believe I had almost zero drainage and was walking upright after just 4 days. My incisions are healing really fast and my bruising isn't visible anymore. I do feel a little beat up still, but for the most part I feel great. I can't wait to get back into my workout routine and finally be able to strengthen my core. My ab separation was so bad I'm really surprised it didn't cause more problems for me than it had. The best part, I'll no longer be asked when my baby is due. Hooray!!

On a side note, I finally reached my first BIG weight loss goal, right before my surgery. I started this lifestyle weighing in at 170 and I've made it to 135 effortlessly. I'm finally in a normal BMI range for my height. /dance!!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations! Keep us posted on your healing progress
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Before and after pics, this will also be posted in the before/after pics thread...maybe :P

Last edited by ErinF; 04-14-2012 at 06:26 PM. Reason: pictures were HUGE

Double post lol
    Last edited by ErinF; 04-14-2012 at 06:26 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's been nearly 4 weeks since my abdominoplasty and I'm just barely starting to feel a little bit like my old self. I'm still pretty swollen and I can feel a lot of bruising still. I haven't been able to run or really do any of my bodyrock.tv workouts because the boucing around causes a LOT of pain in the area's that I'm swollen. I've been slowly falling into a slight depression because I'm in Utah with two babies alone while my husband is deployed overseas for a few months. It's a lot harder to parent alone than I had realized, especially when you throw in the pain from the surgery. My poor babies!

One of the things that I love and hate about my personality is that I love to be alone. I can't really handle being around people for too long because I get so tired and energy drained. I find that one of the only ways I can refill my energy stores after being around people (yes, my kids included) is to have some time alone. When my husband was home this was easy, but now that he's gone I'm not able to have that time. I decided it was time to get a VIP gym pass to the local gym which includes kid watch for up to an hour each day. This is the only way I'm going to get some time alone. I'm really excited to have this time, but I have no idea what to do at the gym. I've been working out at home doing body weight exercises so the gym just seems useless and pointless to me. I went for the first time last night and was able to do some short tabata style workouts on the elliptical, but I have no idea what else to do. Cardio is so boring and I know I won't stick to it for very long. I guess I should search around the forum for ideas on what else I can do :P

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast