Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent Fasting for Fast Weight Loss, Better Health & Supreme Fitness page

phildrolet is offline Member

Intermittent Fasting for Fast Weight Loss, Better Health & Supreme Fitness

Shop Now
    Hey guys!

I've been recently experimenting with Intermittent Fasting, and my personal experience along with some studies I came across show staggering evidence that this is a superior way to eat.

As someone who've been on the 6-small-meals-a-day program for several years, this totally contradicts what I used to believe me, but it's also very exciting.

Check it out, there's some truly mind-blowing stuff in there that's sure to make you look at optimal nutrition from a different standpoint.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts so don't be shy!

Cheers
    Phil

croí is offline Senior Member
    When if, I lose weight. I took a break this week, and have been easily maintaining. This weekend, I'm back on wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by croí View Post
    When if, I lose weight. I took a break this week, and have been easily maintaining. This weekend, I'm back on wagon.
    Go for it! Mind over matter.

dado Guest
    this is tight blog, i approve

for me, it is fun to fast sometime, when you do a 40h, you feel good and quicker on your feet. great boost for the mind

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Leangains is awesome. I've been IF'ing for about a year now and have made steady progress in getting leaner and stronger.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    One of the things that I like about the daily leangains approach is that it is totally sustainable if you adopt it as a way of life. I've made changes to my diet over the course of the last year but I've been using the leangains approach for over a year now too. That part of my routine just works now and doesn't need tinkering.

HeatherJ is offline Senior Member
    Already commented on blog, but yeah I IF daily and love it. Didn't even intentionally do it, just where my body wants to be.

Thanks guys!

Yeah I agree- it is a lifestyle. But it's funny, it makes life EASIER.

I wake up, go on with my day, not worrying about eating, and then from 7pm to 3am I get to eat tons of delicious food, and really appreciate it.

Pretty much the best of both worlds

ErikM is offline Junior Member
    a couple questions on IF in junction with Leptin Reset

can/should these 2 "programs" (for lack of better term) be combined?

does it matter/is there a "better time" to IF daily?

i've been toying with the idea of IF a little this week...tuesday and wednesday i woke up @ 0500 and didn't break the fast until 1000 when i normally eat breakfast around 0600

it didn't kill me, or make me go crazy watching the clock for when i could "finally" eat

anyhow, i ate @ 1000, 1300 and 1700-1800 and that was it...iirc, this falls into the 8/16 for IF (based off the little i've read from leangains) -- NOTE: iirc, these eating times, or better yet, the elapsed time between these eating times, seemed to also go against the leptin reset concept/idea of spacing out eating 5-6 hours because the body is still dealing with the insulin, etc, from the previous meal

on wednesday morning, perusing here and there, i was reading into leptin resets...not eating until 1000 after waking @ 0500 seems to fall way outside of the "eat 50g protein within 30min of waking" that is step1 of a leptin reset

anyhow, yesterday, i tried the leptin reset and ate breakfast approx 0600 followed by lunch around 1300...didn't eat again until 0730 this morning...didn't kill me either

so, if i do the LR i should do breakfast between 0530 and 0600...not out of the question...i guess that would allow me to have lunch/dinner around 1200-1300 and be done for the next 16hrs

is there some reason leangains suggests its 8hr window around 1200 until 2000? is it just how his schedule is setup? i'm thinking i should be able to adjust the IF concepts to fit my schedule...i mean, isn't 8/16 in the morning/afternoon == 8/16 afternoon/evening?

oh, and this is may or may not apply to either IF/LR, but why the hell am i yawning all the damn time this week? meh

thanks,

E--

Transformation:
    SW - 246# ... 1/2010
    GW: 190#-ish
    primal-ary goal: stay healthy for once

foodie: fu~dee
    Enjoys life through their mouth & stomach and lives to add bacon to every dish possible

Hey Erik,

Can't answer your first question because I'm not yet familiar with Leptin Reset but from my experience I would say keep doing some self-experimentation, see how you feel and adjust as you go. Developing good body/mind awareness is really a secret weapon.

With regards to the timeframe of the 16 hour fast, I don't think it makes much of a difference. I think it's really more a question of what feels right. I love having food before bedtime (my cookies & milk are sacred) so that's why I start my fast then.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast