Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Intermittent Fasting for Fast Weight Loss, Better Health & Supreme Fitness page 3

phildrolet is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by cogsjon View Post
    Your blog is pretty awesome. I first read it when you posted your 30 day cold shower challenge. Thanks for the post on IF, I'm really excited to try it and see what results I get.
    Thanks, appreciate it! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ottercat View Post
    Hmmm, you mention that Universe thing? I just did a 24-hour fast yesterday and need something to focus on after the 30 day primal challenge. I also have my baseline in the form of bloodwork that wasn't super-awesome in the cholesterol category. Count me in on the 28 day challenge =)
    Nice welcome aboard!!! I'm really excited to see those blood work results for your cholesterol.

I was re-listening to the audiobook for the 4 Hour Body and what we're doing right now is totally the kind of stuff he did to writer that book.. and I believe that the IF protocol is at least as promising as any of those Tim Ferriss recommends in the book..!

Quote Originally Posted by Nkem View Post
    IF has also been great for me. Been at it for about a month now. I don't even think about food until the usual lunch hour when everyone else in the office is eating. The focus and energy is amazaing. It's simplified my life because I only have to think about my evening meals. The only thing I have to look out for is that I'm not sure i'm getting enough calories in my feeding window. I get easily full eating primal. I'm just not that hungry anymore and my sugar cravings are at bay for now. I typically eat between 5pm - 9pm everyday and it's been working like a charm. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Cheers!
    That's awesome! Yeah its definitely getting easier.

Last night was a good test though, I was at a BBQ with free food & free drinks for the last 2.5 hours of my fast. Willpower definitely got challenged big time but I made it through! I just focused my mind on being really chatty and talking to other people so I forgot about food...and had a great time :P

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysara View Post
    Quick question - does anyone know why only 14 hours is required for women (versus the 16 for men)?

I've read The Perfect Health Diet and they recommend 16 (no distinction between men & women) which I've tried a couple of times.

I'm new to Primal life, but I'm excited to try IF some more... also to train while fasted/eat after workout... For some reason I'm scared to do this but working up some will.

Lastly, a comment - man, you go to bed late!!! I had to do the math on how you don't eat until dinner the next day! For me, a 16-hour IF gets me to 11:00 AM or noon the next day.
    During my research I came across the answer to this but I can't remember precisely. It said something about the evolution perspective whereas the male would have to go longer without food (maybe they prioritised females, not too sure) and as a result our hormones have developed differently. Feel free to correct me on this but that's what I remember!

Haha I do go to bed late! But it's because I get my best work done between 10pm and 2am so I just end going to sleep after 3.. waking up at 9-10.. and then I take a 1 hour "nap-atation" (30 mins meditation + 30 mins nap) in the afternoon and I feel great. So yeah I basically don't eat anything until sundown but that's cool with me.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    I had my 16 hour fast today. 7pm yesterday til 11 today. Felt refreshed.
    One question,
    If its fat loss, do i run at a slow pace say 8minute mile pace or train at normal 6:10minute mile pace for 40minutes?when is it best to do this as in time wise into a fast?
    Hey! I'm a big fan of high intensity training so I would definitely not do the "slow" pace training.

I would recommend throwing in some speed variations & intervals in your 40 minutes run. An easy way to do this is to do Fartlek, i.e. - warm up for 10 minutes, do 20 minutes where sprint from one tree (or telephone pole, block) to the next, and then you go slow until the next tree. Fast, slow, fast, slow for 20 minutes. Then you cool down for 10 minutes.

Youl'll get a lot more of the 40 minutes than you would steady running- you'll increase you fitness and lose fat faster, and honestly I find it makes training more fun.
    Last edited by phildrolet; 10-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.

runner_79 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks heaps man. That is exactly what I'm aiming for.
    Regards to macros for fat loss for a runner, I do some mixed 2 day strength training, and also to improve performance, how would you eat with fat loss (lower abs) my main aim but performance will take care of itself. Trimming up for summer.
    Veggies or more focus on starchy sources with protein and a little but of fat (use lean meats all time) to round it off?

KittyKat is offline Junior Member
    Hey there - its my second day of fasting - it started yesterday and was sort of unitentional - my body just didnt want dinner so I had my last meal at 3pm then didnt eat till 8am this morning. Today again I just felt satisfied and sort of "focused" for want of a better word so decided to fast again till tomorrow!.. I have a big weights training session in the morning with my trainer so am thinking I will do that fasted and see what happens!...

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    couldn't a 14 hour fast be like.. eating dinner at 5pm and then not eating breakfast until like 7am? Or does it not count if your sleeping most of the time.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    Thanks heaps man. That is exactly what I'm aiming for.
    Regards to macros for fat loss for a runner, I do some mixed 2 day strength training, and also to improve performance, how would you eat with fat loss (lower abs) my main aim but performance will take care of itself. Trimming up for summer.
    Veggies or more focus on starchy sources with protein and a little but of fat (use lean meats all time) to round it off?
    The way I've had success with fat loss in the past has been:

1. Cut down carbs at night. So basically dinner would consist of a piece of lean meat and a large salad or some sort of mixed veggies.

2. Cut out liquid calories and replace them by water and green tea (ideally matcha).

3. Intermittent Fasting once or twice a week

4. Cold showers everyday

That's what works for me, try it out, do your own little experiments and have fun with it!

PS You can also check out the 4 Hour Body for a few other out-of-the-box ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
    Hey there - its my second day of fasting - it started yesterday and was sort of unitentional - my body just didnt want dinner so I had my last meal at 3pm then didnt eat till 8am this morning. Today again I just felt satisfied and sort of "focused" for want of a better word so decided to fast again till tomorrow!.. I have a big weights training session in the morning with my trainer so am thinking I will do that fasted and see what happens!...

Awesome! Let us know how the fasted training went!

I've have insane workouts this week in fasted mode... still can't quite believe it to be honest. It's like I have endless energy..

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast