Thread: free e book on intermittent fasting page

twa2w is offline Senior Member

free e book on intermittent fasting

Primal Fuel
    some of you may be interested in this - a couple of peopel who experimented with different types of IF and their results and observations. your mileage may vary

Experiments with Intermittent Fasting | Precision Nutrition

lamoka is offline Senior Member
    thank you for this.. found it soooo interesting and am going to incorporate the periodic fasting sometime in the near future..
    Female 5'5", Feb. 29, 2012 SW 208, GW 160
    My journal...
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post734883

Hazy1966 is offline Member
    Thanks for the download. I'll be sure to read.

I do have an IF question though. I've read that coffee is ok whilst on a fast, but what if you have cream with the coffee - does that constitute a break in the fast? My gut feeling is yes, but I wouldn't mind some feedback.

Cheers

Neil
    Commenced PB Jan 2nd 2012.
    86.1kg, 23% bodyfat
    Last assessment January 26, 2014 - 79.4kgs & 14.6% bodyfat

My goal is to:
    Maintain PB lifestyle of diet and exercise.
    Maintain weight of around 80kgs and 15% bodyfat.

TimWix is offline Junior Member
    Neil,

The general consensus that I've gleaned from this forum and other sources is that cream in your coffee won't make any difference. YMMV

Tom_S is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the freebie. It's always nice to expand my folder of PDF's, ebooks or otherwise, relating to primal/paleo eating, IF, or fitness. Haven't read it all the way through, but it looks good so far.

dado Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazy1966 View Post

I do have an IF question though. I've read that coffee is ok whilst on a fast, but what if you have cream with the coffee - does that constitute a break in the fast? My gut feeling is yes, but I wouldn't mind some feedback.

Cheers

Neil
    The cream in your coffee is negligible.

If Grok was out hunting for food, not having eating for an extended period, and he came accross some berries, he would eat the berries and continue looking for food; Grok would still be effectively in a 'fast' despite this small amount of berries.

I take a looser approach to intermittent fasting. I don't see any sense in stressing it. I will put maybe a little bit of sugar in my coffee or eat a handful of nuts, and then eat a big dinner when I get home at night. I still consider this as an intermittent fast because I did not have any major food intake before my meal.

dbalch is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. Good article. I've been having good results with 16 fast 8 eat. Seems to be changing the way I feel hunger. I've always been a grazer. I'm starting to think that just stimulated my appetite and lead to overeating. Think I'll try a 24 hour.

MrRoberts is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazy1966 View Post

Cheers

Neil
    Make sure your total calories in a fasting state is no more than approx 50cal.

A tablespoon of single cream is approx 25cal.

I wouldn't be at 6.5% body-fat if it wasn't for IF. :-)

Hazy1966 is offline Member
    I thank you all for your replies to my question about the cream issue

I'e avoided the IF thing because although I am disciplined in my diet / exercise routine, the thought of IF kinda scares me a bit.....you know, challenges my willpower and I don't like being famished very much. Anyway, I read Dr Berardi's e-book a couple of times now, and the results and research directly correlate to Mark's PB and Martin Berkhan's Leangains IF results.

The part in the introduction about hunger diminishing gradually after 4-5 hours gave me the incentive to have a go......I was delighted to report that my hunger did in fact reach a peak after about 5 hours and did diminish in the next few hours. In fact, after 20 hours I wasn't really fussed about eating the primal salmon and salad meal my wife prepared for the evening meal.

I'll definately be incorporating IF in my PB plan now.

Thanks again for the e-book

Neil
    Commenced PB Jan 2nd 2012.
    86.1kg, 23% bodyfat
    Last assessment January 26, 2014 - 79.4kgs & 14.6% bodyfat

My goal is to:
    Maintain PB lifestyle of diet and exercise.
    Maintain weight of around 80kgs and 15% bodyfat.