Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Seasoning Spaghetti Squash page

  1. #1
    cogsjon's Avatar
    cogsjon is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    60

    Seasoning Spaghetti Squash

    Primal Fuel
    So I made spaghetti squash last night. I must say, I am now a big fan. I'm ok seasoning it with sea salt and pepper, but I'm looking for a good way to season it for my wife. She normally doesn't like squash, but said it isn't bad, it's just too bland for her. Any ideas??

  2. #2
    simpstr's Avatar
    simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    northern va
    Posts
    369
    Butter?
    Health is Wealth!

  3. #3
    Clabbergirl's Avatar
    Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    311
    Butter or ghee, and garlic. Mmmm.

  4. #4
    simpstr's Avatar
    simpstr is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    northern va
    Posts
    369
    I just discovered Ghee and I'm in love!
    Health is Wealth!

  5. #5
    duckmama's Avatar
    duckmama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    422
    Definitely butter, and we like parmesan cheese mixed in too. Also - we rarely eat it plain. I almost always have something on top of it like a chicken curry, beef stroganoff, marinara w/ meatballs, etc.

  6. #6
    cogsjon's Avatar
    cogsjon is offline Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Mateo, CA
    Posts
    60
    What is ghee and where do I find it?

  7. #7
    Clabbergirl's Avatar
    Clabbergirl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    311
    Ghee is clarified butter - butter that's been heated so the milk solids are removed. Makes it a more concentrated flavor and a much higher smoke point so you can cook in high heat. Doesn't need to be refrigerated either. Delicious. Available at Indian food stores, most international markets, and at that big, giant bookstore-on-the-internet.

  8. #8
    Shijin13's Avatar
    Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by cogsjon View Post
    So I made spaghetti squash last night. I must say, I am now a big fan. I'm ok seasoning it with sea salt and pepper, but I'm looking for a good way to season it for my wife. She normally doesn't like squash, but said it isn't bad, it's just too bland for her. Any ideas??
    if you eat night shades...make some homemade sauce/gravy w/meatballs, or ground beef and pork sausage, lots of fresh oregano, basil, garlic and onions... serve over spaghetti squash...
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

    Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

  9. #9
    Shijin13's Avatar
    Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    NoVA
    Posts
    2,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Clabbergirl View Post
    Ghee is clarified butter - butter that's been heated so the milk solids are removed. Makes it a more concentrated flavor and a much higher smoke point so you can cook in high heat. Doesn't need to be refrigerated either. Delicious. Available at Indian food stores, most international markets, and at that big, giant bookstore-on-the-internet.
    you can make your own ghee... I do... i buy a lb of organic butter, put it in a pot on a slow bubble until the milk solids bubble to the top - when I blow on the solids they separate and you get this beautiful golden color and a wonderful aroma... on my stove it takes about 45mins to make ghee... love it!
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

    Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html

  10. #10
    yodiewan's Avatar
    yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Shijin13 View Post
    you can make your own ghee... I do... i buy a lb of organic butter, put it in a pot on a slow bubble until the milk solids bubble to the top - when I blow on the solids they separate and you get this beautiful golden color and a wonderful aroma... on my stove it takes about 45mins to make ghee... love it!
    What method do you use to seperate the solids and the proteins that settle on the bottom? Just curious as I've seen multiple ideas for this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •