Thread: Whole Foods Wild Caught Shrimp On Sale Friday Only page

jennf is offline Senior Member

Whole Foods Wild Caught Shrimp On Sale Friday Only

Primal Fuel
    Just wanted to pass the word that WF will have wild-caught Atlantic shrimp on sale tomorrow, October 14 only, for $7.99/lb. Stock up!

http://blog.wholefoodsmarket.com/201...-white-shrimp/
    Last edited by jennf; 10-13-2011 at 07:02 AM. Reason: add web link

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Thanks jennf. Time for a trip to Whole Paycheck.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Thank you! I went and signed up for their newsletter also.
    Positively Radical Pigeonholes are for Pigeons!

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    I just found out that it's not coincidental, they do something w/ a meat or a fish item every Friday. I'm usually in on a Thursday and there's usually something worth stocking up on, it's the only way to play WF. Today it was organic kale, canned pumpkin and bottom round @ $3.99/# (not grass fed)
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Not to be a buzzkill, but according to Mark's posts on seafood, there really is no benefit to wild caught shrimp vs farm raised shrimp. That goes for oysters, scallops and other filter-feeder types since the farmed habitat is nearly exactly the same as their natural habitat. That being said, if $7.99/lb is a good deal for shrimp, go for it. I don't buy shrimp very much because for that money I can get wild caught coho salmon from Trader Joe's And wild sockeye for $10.99/lb...they raised their price $2/lb
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Not to be a buzzkill, but according to Mark's posts on seafood, there really is no benefit to wild caught shrimp vs farm raised shrimp.
    While that is true of USA-farmed shrimp, most shrimp available is farmed in Asia, which Mark says to avoid in this article. I've actually never seen USA farmed shrimp in any of my local markets and the wild-caught shrimp is usually prohibitively expensive.

I got fresh wild caught salmon in another one of these WF deals several weeks ago and am looking forward to mixing it up with some shrimp

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Sigh. My shrimp/prawn allergy (which is intermittent and had been dormant for a few years) has returned lately, so as much as I'd love to use this as an excuse to stock up, I'd also have to stock up on allergy meds. For someone who loves shrimp, the return of this allergy is depressing.

My local WF also has a special on sheet cakes today. Needless to say I won't be hitting them up for that, either.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log