Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for easy lunch ideas. page

orrk is offline Junior Member

Looking for easy lunch ideas.

Shop Now
    I need a few (preferably easy) lunch ideas that I can make up on Sunday and use during the week at work.
    I am usually my hungriest at lunch and struggle to get enough Primal foods in me at work.

Brent* is offline Senior Member
    I'd like to know this as well. I try to stick to a mixed salad with some chicken but after a while it just gets boring. Wish there was a suitable bread type thing to carry turkey, or chicken in...that didn't fall apart.

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Omelette or Frittata. Make the frittata ahead of time and cut it in quarters. Take a quarter or two.

The omelette can be done in the microwave. Pack 2 cups of spinach in a bowl, wrap 2 eggs in paper towels, bring a little cheese. Cook the spinach in the microwave for 1 minute, mix in the eggs & cheese, microwave between 1-2 minutes (I stir after 1 minute).

Grill up a bunch of meat to last you the week and bring with a sweet potato or other left over veggies

Make a pot of primal stew or chili and pack left overs in single serving containers

It takes a little forethought but you can break the sandwich cycle.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    following my nose...: The Commuter's Breakfast : Egg Squares to Go!-this has endless variations!

she also has a 'cheeseburger in a bowl you could do in a microwaveable bowl.

Steakums cook up in like 30 seconds, and DS cooks them then adds pre-carmelized onions and a bit of cheese and rolls it up and eats it, kind of like mini burritos.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    the easiest would be fasting...

...but a big batch of salad would be my second choice.

Rapunzel is offline Member
    I'm...not a salad person. Doesn't matter what you put on it, I'm never psychologically satisfied with one as a 'meal.'

My usual lunches/dinners (no time between work and class to eat at home, most can be eaten with fingers if I drop my fork):

Moroccan chicken (chicken rubbed with cumin, coriander, anise, clove, cinnamon, roasted garlic, and preserved lemons then grilled or broiled)+veggies
    Grilled/broiled chicken cut into bite size pieces + veggies
    Burgers (sans bun, obviously) with chevre and spicy sauteed mushrooms.
    Strips of flank steak + roasted cubed eggplant and cauliflower
    Pretty much any leftovers I can get my hands on.
    Warning: I'm the most laid-back primal gal you'll ever meet.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent* View Post
    I'd like to know this as well. I try to stick to a mixed salad with some chicken but after a while it just gets boring. Wish there was a suitable bread type thing to carry turkey, or chicken in...that didn't fall apart.
    That's similar to what I do, except I vary the meats. I've done pulled port, brisket, skirt steak, etc. I try to get some variety with the seasonings and dressing, otherwise I feel like I'm on BAS gulag.

I also do big curries and stews. That's especially nice now that the weather is turning colder. This week I did tom kha gai which is a coconut milk soup with chicken and mushrooms.

Janice Ross is offline Junior Member
    please someone tell me what primal foods are I am new on here

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice Ross View Post
    please someone tell me what primal foods are I am new on here
    Welcome! I recommend starting here.

MMMM FAT is offline Senior Member
    What I did alot was make chicken drumsticks in the morning and take them to work: I pay 3.50 for chemical and cage free bird and get a whopping 550 calories out of that(its full of fat so its much cheaper than the 5.50 chicken breast that gives me 300 calories). Also buy coconut milk and down that whole thing.....I can get Native Forest Organic for 2.50 with 700 calories of Fat.....talk about a winning situation. Basically when I did eat lunch it was cooked meat and raw vegetables or cooked from the morning or night before. I bought Marks recipe book and havent made 1 recipe out of it,,,why? because using a bunch of herb/spices + meat +veggies can taste pretty damn good,,,,,,and it is alot faster to make.

Now I am doing the Leptin Reset and no longer need lunch.......I have a giant breakfast, skip lunch, and come back home for dinner. So I always get me a hot meal and get out of work quickLier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast