Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marks' new book... page

napoleon1815 is offline Junior Member

Marks' new book...

Primal Fuel
    Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else has read Mark's new book? He said it was going live on October 18th and I pre-ordered on Amazon...however they already shipped it and I am half way through it already (not sure how that happened). Link is: Amazon.com: The Primal Blueprint 21-Day Total Body Transformation: A step-by-step, gene reprogramming action plan (9780982207772): Mark Sisson: Books

Grizz is offline Banned
    Well? Is the book worth buying? Please give us your book review.

Grizz

Well I am hallf way through it...if you read the previous book and frequent this site, so far there isn't anything new...so far it's been like reading a condensed verison of the larger book (sort of like a primer...or the old cliff notes). It's based on a 21 day plan to get into the Primal lifestyle so it's less verbose and more structured around an actual step-by-step plan...so again, if you are already doing it there might not be a lot of value. It is, however, still an excellent read and setup a lot differently from the other book (this book is much larger in size and full of color photos, many of Mark doing exercizes to demonstrate them and him and his wife out and about...also many success stories). I haven't gotten there yet but a few things I noticed that changed...it sounds like some nuts might be more "bad" than "good" based on some hints he's dropped so far (again, haven't gotten to the food section yet) so I am curious if his opinion has changed on them...also, peas and beans are stressed more as not being good...I know in the other book it was mentioned a bit but seems more stressed here...peanut butter too. Too bad as I don't eat a lot of vegetables and have focused primarily on beans and peas for that reason. There was one other thing but I can't remember it...if I do I'll post it again in this thread. Funny he has lots of color photos of food he got rid of (junk food) and does it look good in full color...HAHA...haven't had any junk in ages. Anyway, hope this helps...when I finish I'll write the rest of the review.

OK so I finished the book last week...which for me was mostly the nutrition section and some sections on exercise. Overall it's a great book...some new things but nothing radically different from the existing book and other information from the website. I don't always agree 100% with what he says about the food aspect of the plan, but it's mostly solid. For example, for me anyway, I don't see the need to consider raw, organic cashews and walnuts something to be considered a moderate treat, which other nuts seem to be higher up on the list...same with non-commercial nut butters, organic peas and beans. I'll contnue to eat these and have had great luck losing weight including all these foods in my daily intake, even lots of cheese and organic yogurts. I think we all have different tolerances to certain foods - which Mark does talk about - so while to me all the food information is valuable, I temper it with what I know works for me (currently anyway). I am certainly NOT eating anything processed...or in a box... I did learn though...the book made me realize my yogurts have 21g carbs...which for my daily intake was a lot, and this helped me stagger them out more. The exercise information is about the same...2-5 hours of low-level cardio, 1 sprint session, and 1-3 (or is it 1-2?) lifting heavy things. Highly recommended!

gimene is offline Junior Member

there manner to little a too pious

She was carried off to Dunkirk and brilliantly then and there manner to little a too pious house at Nieuport.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Wait...wait...Read the Blog! Nobody buy the book until tomorrow!

tayker is offline Junior Member
    Waiting for a nook version, or a non-Kindle eBook version.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oct. 18th -- Make sure you read Mark's blog today. Inspirational/exciting video by Mark introducing the new book, plus all sorts of giveaways.

I love the premise of this book: "What exactly do I do? Just tell me what to do."
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    The premise definitely appeals to me. I think I will get the kindle version and check it out. I like step-by-step plans and 21 days sounds more manageable for a challenge than 30 days. At least I'm partly there, with cutting out refined sugars and wheat, but I've got some tidying up to do!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Griffin is offline Senior Member
    I bought the book today and am looking forward for some specific tips. The freebies look interesting too!
    There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast