Thread: Can't lose the last bit of fat page

Jack450 is offline Junior Member

Can't lose the last bit of fat

Shop Now
    So I've been on the primal or paleo diet for a good two months now, and I do feel that I am getting stronger, however I am not able to lose the little fat that is left. My daily meals consists of
    1) Eggs bacon for breakfast
    2) Protein shake after my workout
    3) Chicken with broccoli and goats butter, and some other vegetables.

For exercises I try to focus on full body workouts such as deadlifts, pull ups , squats, push ups , sit ups, dumbbell press and some cardio.

I was wondering if anyone could give some tips?

Thanks

DSR84 is offline Member
    Just some things that have helped me, YMMV, of course:

I try to IF once a week, and I mix up my macros throughout the week. Some days look very PB-esque, lots of fat and protein, very low on the carbs. Other days look more like Jamenet's "Perfect Health Diet" with more safe starches in the mix. I also mix it up with meal frequency throughout the week, usually having a big "feed day" before my IF day. I've been going mainly by intuition with this, but it seems to be working. Progress is still slow at this point, but I'm definitely no longer plateaued. For some thing a little more intensive, you may want to hunt around for ChocoTaco's carb refeed/cycling thread.

Do you sprint?

EDIT: Here's ChocoTaco's thread... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread32876.html
    Last edited by DSR84; 10-13-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Bacon is very high in fat and probably not something that should be a dietary staple. If you're looking to get really lean then you'll need cleaner sources of protein and to watch both fat and carbs. I'm also a big fan of Martin Berkhan and the leangains approach as well.

pacificBeef is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Bacon is very high in fat and probably not something that should be a dietary staple. If you're looking to get really lean then you'll need cleaner sources of protein and to watch both fat and carbs. I'm also a big fan of Martin Berkhan and the leangains approach as well.
    +1

The more I do it and the more I read about it, calorie and macro cycling is the way to go. It might be as simple as skipping your bacon breakfast on days you don't workout and see where your fat goes from there.

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    Hope I'm not hijacking the thread- I was wondering if it's ok to IF and workout fasted 2 days in a row. I lifted heavy fasted yesterday- just 3 exercises, and plan on cycling for an hour and lifting again this morning fasted again. I felt great yesterday, and hungry but energetic this morning. My stomach looks much flatter this morning already.

spincycle is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by spincycle View Post
    Hope I'm not hijacking the thread- I was wondering if it's ok to IF and workout fasted 2 days in a row. I lifted heavy fasted yesterday- just 3 exercises, and plan on cycling for an hour and lifting again this morning fasted again. I felt great yesterday, and hungry but energetic this morning. My stomach looks much flatter this morning already.
    Just got back and had an awesome fasted workout. Felt strong and lifted heavy. Would still like to know what the guidelines are though, re. how often to IF and work out in a week. I lift weights 3x/week, I'm thinking of combining IFing and weighlifting all 3 times.