Thread: ketosis page

Lindsay0311 Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey

I finally cracked and bought some ketostix last week just to see where I fell. I was sure I was in ketosis because of the symptoms others have stated that they had while in ketosis. My carbs are under 50g AT LEAST 5 out of 7 days a week. When I did the test, I was very light...not purple...what is the best way to get into ketosis? I thought it was just to stay under 50g of carbs no?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

depends on your body and your activity level... i think around 20g-30g of carbs a day is my ketosis sweet spot (or less of course). it also helps if i'm active and/or have a caloric deficit...

but honestly, ketostix don't tell you a lot. if it even says "trace" you're in ketosis. You could just be well hydrated so the concentration of ketones in your pee isn't very high. If you're dehydrated it will show up as a heavier level of ketosis in your pee.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

I agree. If there is a 'trace' showing, you're good. No fretting over getting the levels 'higher'.

GotPrimal Guest

Lindsay, like the others have said, as long as the sticks change color, you should be in.

One thing to remember as well, the amount of water greatly affects the reliability of keto sticks.

Best time to test is probably after a moderate to long IF with not alot of water.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    [quote]

Best time to test is probably after a moderate to long IF with not alot of water. </blockquote>

Yup, if I&#39;m gonna test usually I&#39;ll do it when I just wake up. There&#39;s your IF without a lot of water.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.