Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A grok in trainings thoughts page

RachelW is offline Senior Member

A grok in trainings thoughts

Primal Fuel
    Name: Rachel
    Current Weight:155lbs
    Height: 5'9-5'10 I am not totally sure

Hello! I decided to start a primal journal because I keep falling off the wagon, I figured this will be a good way to track my progress and get serious about my health. I went primal because in May of this year I noticed that I had put on some 20lbs since highschool graduation. This is mostly due to an increased amounts of junk food(pop tarts, peanut butter, chips, candy bars disguised as granola bars, and fast food galore, not to mention a newfound love of dr. pepper), and a lack of exercise. I went primal not because of my weight but because of my health. I fell off the wagon big time in august and september, and felt like crap all over again. I have been on antibiotics a total of 3 times this year and I am always catching colds. After having a ton of test done, I came to the conclusion it was my diet. My skin also started to look awful, and I hated having dry worn-looking skin. I am now back on track and trying to improve my health(a little weight loss would be a nice perk too.

Day 1 of journal
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs(cooked in coconut oil), 1 small avocado and cherry tomatoes with lemon juice and pepper, green tea
    Lunch: Raw almonds, homemade chicken and spinach soup(chicken thigh, canned tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, spinach, chicken stock)
    Dinner:beef patty with mushrooms, onions, and frozen asparagus spears
    Drinks: water, green tea, mint tea
    I didn't workout today, I walked around a lot on campus though. Overall today was pretty good.

Day 2
    Breakfast: carrots, avocado, cherry tomatoes, walnuts, almonds(I just didn't feel like cooking lol)
    Lunch: Beef Patties, spinach, pesto
    Dinner: Bison sirloin, asparagus with coconut oil
    snacks: I slipped up and had a cookie, and a few chunks of crytalized ginger, as well as a spoonful or two of pasta, apples, almond butter, tamari roasted nuts
    Drinks: Green tea, water
    Overall: I was stressed out today, I felt lazy and let my sugar-withdrawls get the better of me, tomorrow will be better though.

Supplements:
    Fish oil
    Calcium
    Vitamin D
    Multi-Vitamin
    NAC- supposedly a good antioxidant, I'll wait and see
    Last edited by RachelW; 10-14-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Sorry I have been behind on post, it's midterm week and I am buried under work
    anyway here is day 3: 10/17/11

Breakfast: Skipped, I wasn't hungry and I was running late
    Snack: Almonds, walnuts, carrot sticks, turkey breast meat, avocado
    dinner: Spaghetti squash, pesto, beelers italian sausage(a nitrate-free, antibiotice free brand)
    Drinks: water, green tea

Supplements:
    Fish oil
    Vitamin c
    Garlic
    NAC

On a side note: I love unrefined coconut oil! I Love it so much that I eat it out of the jar with a spoon like peanut butter, sorry if that grossed anyone out, but I am a serious coconut fanatic!

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Hi Rachel. It looks like you dusted yourself off and got back in the saddle nicely after day two. I recommend keeping some dark chocolate around for those sugar cravings. Cheats are going to happen, but if you can try to make sure they don't happen with grains (especially gluten grains), you will be doing yourself a big favor. BIG, HUGE, GiGANTIC favor.

Congrats on giving up the Dr. Pepper. I used to have a love affair with that stuff. I quit cold turkey three years ago. Tried a sip about a year ago, and the sweetness and overall feeling that "this is toxic and not food" just about made me sick!

Thanks for the responnse! The week has been pretty hectic due to midterms, but I am back on track now. I don't get too upset if I cheat anymore, as long as I can get back on the wagon I know it's OK. The dr pepper thing has been hard, but I realized I wasn't getting enough fat so I am going to up my intake of avocado(my new love affair) and coconut oil. I also noticed my academic performace is better when I don't come to class on a suger/caffine high.

10/20/11
    Breakfast: scrambled eggs, (cooked in coconut oil), avocado slices(yes, I eat avocado everyday)
    Lunch: Salad(salmon packs, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, vinegar)
    Dinner:Ribeye steak, sauteed greens
    Snack: walnuts and almonds
    Drinks: water, green tea

Supplements:
    NAC
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C
    Garlic
    Vitamin d+calcium

Breakfast: scrambled eggs,Icooked in coconut oil) avocado, nitrate-free sausage
    Lunch:Fruit salad(apple,plum, grapes), almonds(I am not used to eating a big lunch)
    Dinner:Ceviche(a rare treat at my parents house)
    Drinks: Water, Green tea

Supplements:
    NAC
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C
    Garlic

Other thoughts: I figured my chronic heatburn was just hereditary, turns out it was my habit of eating peanut butter out of a jar with a spoon, I no longer do this, needless to say I no longer have heartburn.

shelynne62 is offline Member
    Hi RachelW, I agree that a journal is going to help me stay accountable too. I am one of those peeps who have a hard time lying about anything so I know I will always post what I eat even if it is crap.

I wondered about eating the coconut oil by the spoon, i was tempted but didn't...I had a day when my fat intake was too low, i ate some butter instead.

sounds like your doing good, i love cheviche too, i think it is pretty primal as well. (except for maybe the clamato)

Hi, I think a journal was a great idea too, I just need to be more consistent,like write in it right after I finish dinner, because I forget my daily intake quite easily. I am glad I am not the only one who likes ceviche, I replaced the clamato juice with cherry tomatoes and lime juice btw.

Weekend recap: I decided to have just a bite of a cookie on saturday and literally turned into the cookie monster, sunday was a sugar craving nightmare and I ended up eating a whole bag of baby carrots. All in all: I need to stop thinking "just a bite" won't matter, because I clearly can't control myself. also caved into my dr. pepper craving.
    Well anyway here is my day:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, avocado, grapefriut
    Lunch: Turkey breast, carrot sticks, spinach, cucumber, almonds, horseradish mustard
    Dinner: Bison steak, mushrooms, bell peppers, garlic(all sauteed in coconut oil)

Supplements:
    Fish oil
    NAC
    Vitamin C
    Garlic

Last edited by RachelW; 10-24-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs(cooked in coconut oil), avocado, raspberries
    Lunch:Turkey patties, sliced bell peppers, sliced cucumbers
    Snack: almonds
    Dinner: Nitrate-free bratwurst, brussel sprouts, onion and gaarlic all sauteed in olive oil(it was actual fresh sausage not hillshire farms pre-cooked type stuff)

Supplements:
    NAC
    Garlic
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C

Notes: I need to put more effort into working out, I need to try doing some power yoga, body weight excercises and cardio to start. I think I need to ease into it before I take up heavy lifting again. I also realized that limiting fresh friut and nuts too severely at this point is not necessary for me to lose weight. I am also starting to realize what foods trigger binges, I am just fine with a few nuts and some grapefruit, berries or an apple, but I can't control myself around nut butter or dried fruit just yet. I am also reading ingredients more carefully and looking for added sugars and avoiding them as much as possible (those are a big problem for me). Overall I am doing pretty well, but could be better.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast