Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A grok in trainings thoughts page 3

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Keep going! You are doing great. I wonder if anyone has feedback on whether it is"better" to cheat a bunch on one day or a little bit once a week or less? My cheats are usually when I am travelling and involve a little bit each day over the course of a couple of days. No one day is horrible.

RachelW is offline Senior Member
    Hi thanks for the encouragement! My cheats are usually day long binges, and it was once or twice a month. Recently, I began binging non-stop (again), hence why I decided to give primal another shot last month. No one thought it was a problem though, because I don't look like a binge eater, but I can say I felt all of the distress and lack of control feeling compulsive over eaters experience. I was not extreme or reality TV worthy, but I do feel as though it was a problem(5000-6000 calories a day of anything and everything, horrible heart burn, and eating foods that I knew would make me ill and not caring about it). I say a small cheat over the course of a few days or every other day is much better than a day long binge. Having a cookie every now and then is better than losing control and eating everything in plain sight, because those day long binges sometimes lead to them being a week long IMO.

Breakfast: Omelette(unfilled so more like an egg pancake thing) cooked in coconut oil, arugula, cherry tomato, and avocado salad with lemon juice and olive oil dressing
    Lunch: almonds+buffalo jerky, coconut milk kefir(1 cup)
    Early dinner(@4:30 pm): Leftover soup from yesterday, kelp noodles(decided to try them), sauteed onions and mushrooms with sesame seeds and bragg liquid aminos
    Snack/light meal:tomato, arugula,red bell pepper and avocado salad(the one at breakfast was so good I decided to have another) with olive oil and lemon juice, and cracked pepper
    Drinks: Water, Green tea, mint tea

Supplements:
    NAC
    Vitamin C
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    Garlic

WOD: Jilian Michaels no more trouble zones, I was thinking of trying insanity but it seems to have a ton of cardio, and I am in such bad shape I don't want to beak a hip

Other stuff:I had an epiphany today! I realized that my fear of binging is caused by my inability to let go of my old habits and embrace my new ones. I eat because of my emotions, and instead of dealing with academic stress by eating, I need to deal with it my studying more(so simple yet I could not figure that out until now).
    I am thinking of doing a super clean primal diet post thanksgiving, almost like a hybrid atkins induction and primal blueprint, I was thinking leafy greens, nonstarchy veggies, meat/quality protein and good fats and a few nuts and full fat cheeses, and kefir.
    I love coconut milk kefir! I am thinking I will never buy regular kefir again!

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    Yummy-I love all keifers. Have you tried goat milk keifer? Interesting that todays MDA post was all about the slippery slope of cheats!

TAT 70 is offline Member
    i`m struggling with the binge demon at the moment.
    Feeling ill is my excuse

Quote Originally Posted by TAT 70 View Post
    i`m struggling with the binge demon at the moment.
    Feeling ill is my excuse
    I caved into my demons today, I noticed it happens at my parents house, which has become a literal wasteland when it comes to food. I did most of the cooking when I lived there, and my dad also did a lot of cooking. I left the nest because I could not take the 90 minute commute to school, and my dad is working longer hours so he can't do much cooking, plus my dad basically eats a lacto ovo vegetarian diet with some meat and fish, with tons of whould grains lentils and other legumes. I love my mother, but she hates cooking and her and one my younger sisters are just fine living off of doritos, chex, toast, french fries, and oatmeal, with the occassional kraft cheese sandwhich(they are very picky eaters) my younger sister does love crudite platters with yogurt dip. My other younger sister will eat anything. Both are 17 and refuse to cook anything except ramen and toast. My dad usually makes a pot of lentil or bean soup for himself for the week. Today was horrible I came home and found the fridge the exact same way it was when I left. I am thinking of making and freezing my own meat patties, and stopping by the grocery store before I come to the house. Thankfully the holidays are coming so I can count on my dad making lots of roast, I can just skip the potatoes and any high carb sugary food and call it a day. Sorry for the rant, I think I just need better planning.

Breakfast:scrambled eggs(cooked in coconut oil), arugula, avocado, cherry tomato, red bell pepper salad with olive oil and lemon juice.
    Snack: Buffalo jerky, almonds, coconut kefir
    Snack: I caved into my cravings and had jelly center cookies, ginger candy, crackers, popcorn, and dried dates(yes I admit and own up to it I will be back on track tomarrow)
    Dinner: Another fail: I had fish that was fried(I scraped off the coating), and hash browns
    Snack: orange and apple
    drinks: green tea, water, mint tea
    supplements:
    NAC
    Emergen-C lite
    fish oil

Notes: I fell off the wagon yet again, I will get back on tomarrow. I really need to cut out all of the jerky, fruits and starch for the next two weeks. It's sounds harsh but it's for my own good. I will now be aiming for the 0-50 gram carb range for a while.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, nitrate-free turkey sausage
    Lunch: Skipped, I had a late breakfast and was not hungry(yay for sleeping in)
    Dinner: Roasted chicken, greek salad(onion, green onion, green bell pepper, roasted red pepper, olives, cucumber tomato, yellow cherry tomato, goat milk feta, lemon juice, parsley, olive oil)
    snack: cashews and almonds, I am still on the fence about cashews there seems to be a lot of gray area regarding nuts in general
    Drinks: Green tea, water, mint tea

Supplements:
    NAC
    Vitamin C
    multivitamin
    garlic
    fish oil

WOD: 30 minutes elliptical(kept my heartrate below maximum range)
    notes: back on the wagon! My binges have become less huge, and now each time after I eat too much junk food I always feel sick and really gross. Compare this to a month ago, when I could polish off a super sized bag of doritos by myself, then eat a double cheeseburger(bun and all), and milkshake, then want more 3 hours later!
    Last edited by RachelW; 11-11-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Whew it's been a full week! to start I did have a few cheats(a bagel, a poptart and a granola bar) but compared to the past it wasn't so bad, the end of the semester is close and everyone in my classes seems to be sick(I am so happy I have not been sick since april) it's the end of the semester and the work has been piling up like crazy. I still have not lost much weight(I went from 155 to 153), most likely because I have not been very strict and have had quite a few cheats and have not worked out much, but I have not gained weight. My new goal is to have lost 15lbs by January 19th(my 21st birthday). sounds impossible to lose weight during the holidays, but I think I can do it. Plus I have given myself two months so it's not unreasonable.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, nitrate free sausage, avocado and tomato salad, cider vinegar and olive oil
    Lunch: Skipped
    Snack: almonds
    Dinner: sauteed pork chop, sauteed spinach(cooked in butter) cucumber slices, ranch dressing
    snack: raspberries

Drinks: green tea, water

Supplements:
    NAC
    Emergen-c lite
    fish oil
    garlic

notes: I figured going back to the 80/20 principle was good decision for me, I tried 100% and ended up freaking out and binging.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not another week off from my journal! Oh well , it's post thanks giving, I pigged out, and now I am back on the wagon again.
    Breakfast:Portein smoothie(whey protein, coconut milk, avocado, mixed frozen berries(no sugar added), some ice and some water)
    Lunch: same as breakfast
    Snack: smoked salmon, almonds
    Dinner: leftover turkey meat, salad(spinach,tomatoes,cucumber, avcado, shredded carrots, newmans own ranch dressing)

Drinks: water, green tea
    Supplements:
    NAC
    Emergen-c
    Garlic
    Fish oil

WOD: 45 minutes elliptical, my goal for workouts is to begin including a day of heavy lifting each week

Other stuff: I am really starting to enjoy primal smoothies, my main issue is getting enough calories and fat into one in order to be able to replace a meal with it. I am aiming to make each one around 400 calories. One thing I have noticed while being primal is a lot of smoothie places have no problem making a 400 calorie drink because they use a ton of sugar, at home using no sugar, it is a little hard to do so unless I use coconut milk and avocado.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast