Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A grok in trainings thoughts page 2

RachelW is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast: Omelette with mushrooms and bell pepper(cooked in coconut oil), raspberries
    Snack: almonds
    Lunch: beef patty(cooked in olive oil), avocado slices, cucumber slices, bell pepper slices
    Dinner: chicken breast sauteed in olive oil, greens simmered in vegetable stock

Drinks: water, green tea

Supplements:
    Multivitamin
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C
    NAC
    Garlic
    Probiotic tablet

Ramblings/notes: I have found that having a serving of low sugar fruit has helped me control the cravings. A grapefruit, some berries or an apple a day has done wonders for me. I have also noticed that my hair is shedding less. It may be because I have layed off the dye and straightener for a while, but I think primal has something to do with it.

katiethepiano is offline Senior Member
    Hello to a fellow early-twenty something! I'm getting my graduate degree right now, but I wish I had learned about the primal lifestyle as an undergrad. I used to be so hazy in classes - it was unbelievable. I agree with you on the fact that PB has definitely improved my academic performance. Like you, I was sick a lot. Having been primal for six months, I have only been sick once - it was a stomach bug going around school, but I haven't caught any colds from my colleagues. Congrats on conquering hair dye and the straightener! I'm not sure if I'll ever conquer those things. :-)

I look forward to hearing about your progress!
    Visit my blog Primal Homeskillet. And eat it too.

Hi! Happy to hear about your progress, and good luck with your degree! I am happy to hear I am not the only one who improved my focus after switching diets. I honestly thought I had undiagnosed ADD, but it was really just a terrible sugar high. I have not had any fall colds yet, which is good because I always get sick around halloween. I am also happy I managed to take a break from the dye and heat on my hair, I thought using the straightener twice a month was impossible at first, but I lived .

Well here is today:

Breakfast: scrambled eggs(cooked in coconut oil), cucumber slices, grapefruit, avocado
    Lunch: brussel sprouts and sausage leftovers
    Snack: almonds, macadamias, jerkey
    Dinner: Steak and onions sauteed in coconut oil, steamed broccoli 1tbs steak sauce

Drinks: green tea, water

Supplements:
    Multivitamin
    Probiotic Pill
    Fish oil
    Garlic

Breakfast:Omelette, cherry tomatoes, avocado (cooked in olive oil)
    Lunch: Skipped was not hungry
    Snack: grapefruit, macadamias, walnuts, almonds
    Dinner: shrimp(with blackened seasoning), ground pork patty, sauteed vegetables(onions, zuchinni, yellow squash, mushrooms, red bell pepper), everything was cooked in olive oil
    Late night snack: Apple slices(granny smith)

Drinks: Green tea, water

Supplements:
    NAC
    Vitamin C
    Garlic
    Fish oil

WOD: Went on the elliptical for 45 mins, I tried not to let my heart rate get too high

Other stuff: overall my day was good, I ate more fruit and nuts than I had originally aimed for, but I figured I can start cutting back on those later. On a side note: my grocery store now carries grass fed beef, as well as the frozen selection of organic game meats at my local health food store, so I am making the effort to buy more clean protein. I realized if I invested half as much money in my health as I do makeup I could afford to eat grass fed and organic foods relatively easily.
    Last edited by RachelW; 10-28-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Yes another day primal an no cheats for almost a week!

Breakfast: omelette(cooked in olive oil), cherry tomatoes, avocado with an olive oil and lemon juice dressing
    Lunch: Grapefruit and walnut salad, pork patty with dipping sauce(bragg liquid aminos, fish sauce, vinegar, and hot pepper flakes)
    Dinner: lamb chop cooked in coconut oil and curry powder, salad made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, yellow bell pepper, red bell pepper oil and vinegar
    Late night snack: Granny smith apple and almond butter

Drinks: water, green tea
    Supplements:
    NAC
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin C
    Fish oil
    Garlic

I am thinking I need more variety in my diet, but overall I am usually in the 50-100g of carbohydrate range. I figured I will be less concerned with my fruit intake over the weekends because I am usually at my parents house, and my parents love to stock their house with lots of down-home southern desserts, potato chips, and lots of bread. I figure an apple is better than apple pie.
    At the risk of TMI, my cramps haven't been horrible, but I did put on a few pounds although my stomach looks flatter and my clothes are a bit looser.

Breakfastmelette, cherry tomato and avocado salad with lemon juice and olive oil, pork patty(the omelette was cooked in the fat from the pork patty)
    Lunch: I was full from breakfast so I did not eat
    Snacks: Annie chun sesame roasted seaweed, almonds, kefir(weird combo)
    Dinner: Chicken soup that I froze about a week or two ago(chicken thigh, carrots, onions, garlic, vegetable stock, spinach, canned tomatoes spices and pepper)
    Drinks: water, green tea, mint tea
    WOD: Jilian michaels yoga meltdown tape level 2, this was a really good beginner-intermediate body weight workout. Plus it's not really flow yoga, more body weight stuff with some yoga thrown in here and there but I liked it.

Supplements:
    NAC
    Garlic
    Vitamin C
    Fish oil

Notes: It's 18 days since I started this journal, and I must say, I feel a difference in my health, even though I had quite a few slip ups and a bumpy ride in the begining.
    Last edited by RachelW; 10-30-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Breakfast: carrot sticks, almond butter
    snack: beef jerky, annie chun seaweed
    snack: 1 whole grapefruit
    Dinner:Elk patties with guacamole(wholly guacamole) and salsa

WOD: none

Supplements:
    Garlic
    Fish oil
    NAC

Drinks: green tea, water

Notes: Today was a high-stress day, and during high stress weeks(lots of exams) I tend to binge. I did not binge today, but I did eat a lot of primal conveinence foods. I am trying to avoid the cookies, but temptation is horrible during halloween. I managed to pull through and not have any though.The nestle tollhouse in the mall had a ton of baked goods, and there was a baklava(my favorite dessert) display in a grocery store, my cravings have reduced, but I realized I am not immune to temptation, especially during holidays. I am also really label reading now, I figure prepackaged salsa and condiments are fine as long as they do not contain anything questionable. I know homemade is the best, but at the moment homemade is not possible. Tomarrow will be better, the only thing will be fighting off my schlotzskys craving(it's right up the road and my favorite fast food besides mom n pop burger joints and teriyaki bowl places).
    Last edited by RachelW; 10-31-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: forgot something

Dang, it's been almost a week. I had a complete relapse and caved into every crap food imaginable(pizza dr pepper doritos chocolate covered granola bars noodles and rice), I admit it, my stress and cravings and poor decisions got the better of me. I feel like crap and can't believe I used to eat like that for weeks at a time. But that was yesterday and today is well today, I am back on the wagon.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, nitrate-free turkey sausage, greek salad(tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, roasted red pepper, lemon juice olive oil, feta cheese parsley)
    Lunch: Skipped
    Snack: almonds and walnuts
    Dinner: Turkey patties with sauteed bell peppers and onions(cooked in coconut oil), plus salsa and guacamole.
    After dinner: kefir
    Drinks, water, green tea, mint tea
    Supplements:
    NAC
    Multivitamin
    Garlic
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C

WOD: none

Breakfast:Omelette(cooked in coconut oil), avocado, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper
    Lunch:Chicken breast, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper
    Snack:beef jerky, almonds
    Dinner:Sauteed bison patties with onions and mushrooms(cooked in coconut oil), arugula with blue cheese and olive oil
    Drinks: Water,green tea, kefir

Supplements: NAC
    Fish oil
    Vitamin C
    Garlic

Other stuff: I decided to cut back on nut butter,winter squashes, carrots, and fruit. I am also watching my nut and jerky intake more closely. I have decided to consume full fat dairy in moderate amounts because I can tolerate diary and I like kefir. I will see how this approach works for the next week or two.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Breakfast: Pumpkin Soup(roasted pumpkin puree, vegetable stock, five spice powder, toasted almonds)
    Lunch:Leftover bison patty with blue cheese, onions and mushrooms(sauteed in coconut oil)
    Snack: Beef Jerky
    Dinner: Chicken and sausage soup(italian sausage, kale, chicken thigh meat, canned tomatoes, pepper, carrots, garlic, onions, beef broth)
    Drinks: Green tea, water, mint tea

Supplements:
    NAC
    Vitamin C
    Garlic
    Fish oil

WOD: Jilian Michaels banish fat boost metabolism(lots of beginner-intermediate plyometrics and jumping jacks) I use workout DVD's because it's easy and I don't have a lot of time to spare in between studying. On a side note I am really out of shape, two years ago I would have breezed through this workout, now I am struggling.

Notes: Ate more pumpkin and jerky than expected, but convienince was a big factor in this. I finally set a goal for myself, I want to have lost 20lbs and improve my fitness levels by january 19 2012, my 21st birthday. I want to weigh the same I did before I started pigging out on crappy foods(back in highschool I still ate crappy stuff, but nowhere near as much). Improving health and fitness is a big goal though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast