Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Loosing the last 5lbs....and tips? page

DiscoStew is offline Junior Member

Loosing the last 5lbs....and tips?

Primal Fuel
    Hello fellow PBs, using a (mostly) PB lifestyle (eg less than 100gm of carbs a day), I've managed to loose about 15lbs (of fat). Now I'm down to the last 5, and they're usually the hardest to loose. Are there any tips on how to loose the last 5lbs (eg drop carbs to less than 50 a day)?

DS

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I have tried unsuccessfully to lose the last 10 lbs through low- and very-low-carb for a long time. I am becoming more and more convinced that for a lot of people, low-carb stops working once you are close to getting lean and is only useful as a fat loss tool at higher bodyfat percentages.

I'm experimenting with Leangains-style IF and increasing my exercise routine, as well as nailing down my sleep habits, and I seem to be starting to lean out a bit once again. Got to experiment and figure out what works for you...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    2 meals a day within a 6 hour eating window and lots of walking (2+ hours) a day & I'm golden.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Sprints, IF, no nuts.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Sprints, IF, no nuts.
    +1

MvEssen is offline Senior Member
    If you just got to this point I'd suggest to first keep doing what your doing. You might be someone for which even the last 5 just drop off this way.

If you've already been on this weight for a few weeks, there's a lot of things you can try. All of these things might or might not work, it's very person depending. They might work in certain combinations, etc. It's up to you to find out .

1: Clean up your already primal diet for optimum weight loss (no nuts, no dairy, no fruit, no snacking)
    2: Crank up the sprints/lift heavy things (unless you're already working out quite often/hard)
    3: IF (1 or 2 meals a day)
    4: VLC
    5: Carb Refeeds
    6: Lower calories (yes, they do matter at some point)

rayout is offline Senior Member
    I would measure body fat...I'm down to the last notch on my belt after 3 months of "plateau" so I am still losing fat, it just doesn't register on the scale

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Is what you are doing currently working, i.e. you are losing a couple of pounds a month or inches? If yes, you do not need to change anything. If not, you might want to determine your current level of BF. If you already reached your 18-22% range (I assume you are a lady) then ask yourself if you are prepared to do what it takes and then perpetually do it to hold it? I just started a crazy bat sh** right now to get below 19%, after 2 years of trying various moderate approaches from CW to Anabolic, and, yeah, losing the last few % of fat is just f***g hard.

Yep, all of the above helps:

1: Clean up your already primal diet for optimum weight loss (no nuts, no dairy, no fruit, no snacking)
    2: Crank up the sprints/lift heavy things (unless you're already working out quite often/hard)
    3: IF (1 or 2 meals a day)
    4: VLC
    5: Carb Refeeds
    6: Lower calories (yes, they do matter at some point)
    ...but the question is, if one doesn't earn his or her living with her body, how much joy is life with one meal a day, on low calories, with no fruit, while running sprints one day and straining to squat 2x bodyweight the other?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    ...but the question is, if one doesn't earn his or her living with her body, how much joy is life with one meal a day, on low calories, with no fruit, while running sprints one day and straining to squat 2x bodyweight the other?
    Pretty darn enjoyable.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Carb refeeds or IF.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast