Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this IF? page

JamieBelle is offline Member

During the week I tend to eat at 6am and 6pm only. Is this sort of like IF?

Lunch is so not worth it. lol

Yup.

Kaizen Guest

Yes, some people think it's only all at once, but you are "intermittently fasting". I follow a version of that too, basically if I'm hungry I eat, and the rest of the time I'm fasting. I usually only eat once or twice a day myself. It takes a while to digest that food!

Lindsay0311 Guest

What are you guys typically eating during those 2 meals? Are your calories still adding up? How much success have you had from this as far as weightloss goes? Still trying to lose about 15lbs and it seems that even with the lower carbs it isn't happening so I am trying to figure out if there is something else I should try.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

I'd say that not eating while feeling evidently hungry qualifies as IF as long as we don't go into starvation mode

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Lindsay, I am down to my last 15 - 20 lbs and I find that the ONLY way to kick it is with IF for 8 - 24 hrs, zero alcohol and fasted workouts.

For my cals, I don't worry. I eat until satisfied and only intermittently fast. If I fasted longer than 16 hrs at a time, for several days on end, then I would worry.

Personally, those are the methods that work for me.

My issues are with my brain on the weekends ("I've been good, so I deserve this", yada, yada, yada...psychological crap that I buy into...)

maba is offline Senior Member

SS, how do we determine we don't go into a starvation mode? Reason I ask, I IF regularly but I want to make sure I'm not going into a starvation mode. My calories are all over the place, sometimes low, sometimes high.

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

maba thats a great question, I have no idea

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Tarlach is offline Member

I can't lay my hands on reference I have, but fasting mode starts at somewhere around 14 hours and starvation mode at roughly 2 days. To get the most out of IF you want to sit in the fasting mode for as long as possible.

Eating at 12pm and 6pm is much better than eating at 6pm and 6am if you can do it. This is how the fast 5 diet works.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

• Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . • Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . .• Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    • Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . • Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . • Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    • Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I agree with Tarlach. I read that 48 hrs = beginning of starvation mode.

I don't know the exact science, but that's what I've read too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast