Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanster's gone primal... page 3

Shanster is offline Senior Member
    11/1/11

Both of us woke up at 2:00AM from eating the "normal" pizza. Restless, irritable, couldn't sleep... didn't feel bad via stomach or headache or anything but simply could NOT sleep. Totally sucked. Got up for our 30 min walk with the dogs under the stars.... we liked each other again on the walk.

Think I love my husband and enjoy sleep much more than I will ever like pizza again!

B: 2 ham/egg cups - ham cut a little thicker this time around, cup of full fat yogurt, 1C strawberries, coffee with 1/2 cup goat milk....

30 min walk at lunch

L: 2 or 3 cup mixed greens salad with carrots, mushrooms, cucumber, orange pepper, grilled chix, hard boiled egg, olive oil/vinegar salad dressing, handful o' walnuts

D: mashed cauliflower with butter/garlic/pepper - AWESOME! First time to try this and it was good! porkchop, 2 squares 72% dark chocolate - 1 glass red wine, 1 glass port
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-02-2011 at 07:40 AM.

11/2/11

Slept like a baby last night! No more regular pizza for me for a while.... talked to Mom about PB and she is going to try it. Talked to a friend in AK who is sort of chronic cardio, always obsesses with weight/workingout about PB... she is going to try. I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything but when I tell them the benefits I've experienced and I sound excited about it, the people closest to me are interested to try it. I hope they do and experience the same things I do! Took pix of me today in my skivvies.... haven't looked at them yet but maybe in a month when I take pix again I will post to see if there is a difference in body shape... sort of excited to do that based on other before/after pix people have posted. Hope improvement keeps happening!

B: 2 thick slice ham & egg cups, coffee, goat milk

L: 3C of mixed greens with some orange pepper, mushrooms, carrots, 2 hard boiled eggs, 1/4C walnut pieces, 6 grapes

D: 3C broccoli with butter and shredded cheese, porkchop, 1/2C mashed sweet potato, 2 squares 85% chocolate, 1 glass red wine

The friend who was really interested in primal eating told me she is going to weigh herself 3 or 4 days in because she is eating SO much fat.... if she has gained she isn't going to do this anymore. Sigh. Suppose I shouldn't be too suprised - I fought this way of eating for a long time before I really tried it and had faith for 30 days. Now, after 30 days, I'm all for it and really enjoy it and how it makes me feel...this friend is super obessed with weight and super chronic cardio. Everyone has to find their own way.
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-03-2011 at 09:29 AM.

11/3/11

Got up early to go walking but it was single digit temps and we whimped out. BUT I did my first Primal Essential Movements workout. Hooo boy am I a weakling. S'ok. We all gots to start somewhere. I don't have a pullup bar but I did push-ups, squats and plank. At least now I have somewhat of a baseline.

3X11 knee push-ups
    3X20 squats
    3X20 seconds knee plank

B: 4 strips o' bacon, 2 eggs with red peppers, mushrooms and 1/2 an avocado - coffee with goat milk

30 min walk at lunch

L: handful of almonds, hard boiled egg

D: sausage stuffed butternut squash... YUM! Apples, onion, spinach, pecans, 2 eggs, little bit o' milk..... delicious!

1 beer... 1 square 85% dark chocolate
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-04-2011 at 08:30 AM.

11/4/11

30 min walk this morning - cold but invigorating! Next week is the meteor shower - looking forward to that! I am sore from my puny workout yesterday. Will do it again this weekend dammit!

Husband conducted another pizza experiment. He split a conventional pizza with a guy at work for lunch thinking if he ate grains earlier in the day, he would sleep at night. Plus, I ate clean so I was the "control". I slept like a baby... he was up at 10, 1 and 3 and struggled to sleep.

Tonight we try another alternative pizza... last week was meat-za.

This week we try the chebe pizza dough kit. It is made from tapioca flour, oregano and some other Italian spices. You add some parm cheese, oil, 2 eggs and a little milk to form a dough. We'll see --- I'm a little afraid as it is "like" a grain and given how little I slept when we had regular pizza crust.... but someone posted here in the nutrition forum so I will trust and give it a try. Next pizza experiment I want to try cauliflower crust....

Guess pizza is the thing we miss most.... but conventional pizza won't do any more even as a cheat. I like my sleep way too much.

B: 2 ham/egg cups, coffee, goat milk

L: Went to lunch with co-workers to Chili's.... avocado burger, no bun, salad vs. fries with vinegar/oil dressing, water... stole 1 french fry (with permission) from a co-worker's plate... they all came back to work talking about sore stomachs and fullness and tiredness... I'm happy and unfull and energetic!

D: tried the tapioca flour Chebe pizza dough kit - sauce, cheese, sausage, pepparoni, mushrooms and spinach... pretty good. Tho I had a hard time falling asleep?? Slept well once I did tho'.
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-06-2011 at 09:43 AM.

11/5/11

B: 2eggs with spinach, 4 strips of bacon, coffee with goat milk

L: pear, hard boiled egg, full fat greek yogurt plain with 1/4 C almonds, 3oz o' grueyere cheese

D: Left over acorn squash stuffed with apples, sausage, onions, spinach YUM 2 glasses red wine

11/6/11

B: 2 primal blueberry/coconut/banana muffins (coconut flour, coconut shreds, eggs, vanilla, coconut milk, blueberries, smashed banana) from This Primal Life blog... good! 3 eggs with ham and some cheese coffee with coconut milk (left over from the muffins)

L: the spinach bread with turkey and camembert cheese... didn't like the spinach bread - sort of spongy...

D: split a lamb/asparagus/mashed potatoes dinner with my husband at the Wynkoop - had 1.5 beers - went to the Av's hockey game.

square o' chocolate when we got home (72%)
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-07-2011 at 07:20 PM.

11/7/11

B: 2 ham & egg cups...1 slice o' bacon... coffee with the last of the coconut milk at 7am

Fast for lunch - no snacks or lunch...

8 x 30 second sprint work out... broke the treadmill! went out in the dark with reflective vest/headlamp/large, fierce, dog with flashing collar... figured I was safe enough! grin

D: 7:30pm chix soup with grilled chix, carrots, celery, green chilies.....added some milk to make cream of....

11/8/11

30 min walk in the AM with the dogs and husband

B: 4 slices bacon, 2 eggs with chopped ham

S: 2 squares 72% chocolate, 1/4 cup almonds

1 hour yoga class

L: chicken soup (broth, grilled chix, carrots, celery, green chilies, sweet potato)

D: 6oz cheese, handful (1/4 Cup) cashews and handful of hazelnuts, 1 primal blueberry/banana muffin from This Primal Life recipie, 1 beer .... had a bad evening... not enough sleep night before and grumpy - no meal planned and foraged around.... 2 squares 72% chocolate Emotional eating and no plan make for a bad meal looks like.

Think this is the worst primal day of eating I've had since starting.... Keep seeing posts about no nuts... I had a lot o' nuts today!
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-09-2011 at 04:37 PM.

11/9/11

30 min walk in the AM with dogs and husband

B: 2 eggs, 5 slices bacon, 3/4 cup full fat plain yogurt with 6 strawberries
    L: 1/4 C o' punkin seeds, 1/4 C o' walnuts
    D: Chicken and 1/2 of an acorn squash with butter/salt/pepper

Primal essential movement workout:
    3X 12 knee pushups
    3X25 full squats
    3X30 seconds of knee plank...

Didn't do pull up cuz I don't have a pull up bar... and it was dark outside for hanging from trees! Will get it figured out...

Decided I'm relying too much on dairy and nuts ... need more protiens and veggies... that should be the base of my pyramid. Working to correct....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    11/10/11

30 min walk in the AM with the dogs and husband

B: ham and egg cup, ran out of ham so used sliced turkey for 1 turkey and egg cup, coffee with goat milk

L: didn't bring one.. maybe will go in search of a salad? Or maybe fast... ? and a nice walk outside in the sun for 30 min?

D: Ended up fasting for lunch... dinner was fish chowder... used turnips and parsnips in lieu of potatoes... fish, carrots, milk, parsnips/turnips and bacon on top... delicious!
    Last edited by Shanster; 11-13-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast