Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanster's gone primal... page 2

Shanster is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    10/24/11

B: 2 ham and egg cups, coffee with milk

L: sliced turkey rolled up in a slice of provolone, banana, pumpkin seeds

Went to PT today for bad back issues (stem from a car accident when I was 16).... he gave me new stabilizing exercises.... hope they work! Chronic pain issues suck, suck, McSuck.

S: more pumpkin seeds - little buggers are tasty!

D: Pot roast is in the crock pot with rutabagas, carrots, celery

WOD: Ride on my mare, dog agility class
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-25-2011 at 09:16 AM.

10/25/11

Up and at 'em early for a walk with the dogs this morning - forgot the cool thing about walking that early in the morning in winter/fall are the shooting stars and beautiful night skies.... made a wish on a shooting star I saw this morning...

B: scrambled eggs with spinach and 1/2 of an avocado, 1C OJ (no sugar added), coffee with milk, 3 strips o' bacon

L: left over potroast with carrots, celery and rutabagas

30 min walk over lunch time....

S: handful of almonds

D: sirloin chili with tomato sauce/paste and we added 1 sweet potato to the dish... sour cream... a beer and 2 glasses of wine.

the pants I wore to work today are too big.. they fall on my hips and I have saggy pants ass....because of the Primal? Interesting! Weighed myself this AM... more because it's interesting vs. any sort of obsession. 169lbs... been at 170 seems like for the entire time I started eating Primal. I was 173 before going Primal so not huge weight loss - but I use dairy and nuts as a crutch for getting my fat and feeling satisfied.... cheese mmmmmm. (I know measurements are way more accurate and scale is really not).

Best benefit is that I am sleeping most wonderfully all thru the night and that is really refreshing.... no more 2:30 am wide awake and what to do cuz I have to get up in 3hrs and I'm going to be tired all day.... (a neighbor told me I am sleeping thru the night because my body is too tired without my "grain" carbs - she doesn't like that I've gone Primal.... she said it as if sleeping thru the night was a bad thing! ??? I just nodded politely...prolly shouldn't have told her but this was before I found out people react so oddly when you tell them what you are doing food-wise)
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-26-2011 at 10:15 AM.

10/26/11

No power today - winter storm and we have almost a foot of heavy, wet snow.... good thing we have boiled eggs on hand most of the time. My stomach doesn't feel so good today....not sick but not 100%....

B: 2 boiled eggs, a little cheese

L: grapefruit, handful of almonds ... I'm sorta hungry but my lunch doesn't sound good to me

D: Feeling better and HUNGRY... had a pile of asparagus in butter and some cheese....

A friend called and needed to borrow my oven to bake brownies... her oven wasn't working ... boy did those things smell GOOD... I didn't have any tho'... sure made our house seem sort of cozy with it only being 17 degrees outside with that yummy brownie scent filling my nose.

S: I had 1 chocolate square of 72% dark chocolate when she left with her brownies....good compromise!
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-27-2011 at 11:57 AM.

Gay Panda is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanster View Post
    (a neighbor told me I am sleeping thru the night because my body is too tired without my "grain" carbs - she doesn't like that I've gone Primal.... she said it as if sleeping thru the night was a bad thing! ???
    That made me howl with laughter this morning. Thank you!

You are most welcome Gay Panda... you are generally the one making US howl! grin.

10/27/11

Only 7 degrees out today - we opted not to go for our morning walk... we can handle teens but single digits gets too cold for us! Esp. since it was 70 degrees this weekend... talk about drastic weather change. Stomach normal today and I feel fine... slept for 9 hrs vs. a normal 8 hr night....?

B: 3 strips of bacon, scrambled eggs with mushrooms and steak mixed in, coffee with milk

L: walnuts, hard boiled egg, pear

D: chicken broth, chicken, carrots, celery, yellow pepper, garlic, spinach, basil soup.... delicious! 1 beer and a small amt of cashews - like 6 of them when I got home - 1 glass of wine with dinner
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-28-2011 at 09:59 AM.

10/28/11

Got on the scale this AM for shits and giggles.... 167.5! I was 173 coming in to Primal and I'm 5'8". Feels like when I look in the mirror there is a teeny bit more muscle definition? I really need to find the measurements we took!

Not that I have started on Grok workouts yet - they sort of intimidate me - but I do the sprint workout every 7-10 days, I walk a lot and ride a lot so I'm not really INactive....tho the winter storm got me the last couple days. Maybe will treadmill it tonight.... we are gonna try MEAT-ZA tonight for dinner! Exciting!

B: 2 ham/egg cups, plain greek yogurt (I accidentally bought the 0% fat - grrrr) with blueberries and strawberries mixed in, coffee with milk - plain green tea at work...
    * feeling a little hungry at 11 and that hasn't happened in a while --- think cuz of the no fat yogurt? Not enough fat this AM?

L: didn't eat any snacks - lunch was left over potroast with cooked carrots, rutabagas, celery - nice and FULL

30 min walk for lunch break

Stopped at the feed store for their Halloween party... I drank 1 bloody mary....

Home for MEAT-ZA!

D: Meat-za with spinach, peppers, mushrooms, pepparoni and cheese, 1 glass red wine....
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-30-2011 at 02:06 PM.

10/29/11

B: 3 strips of bacon, 2 or 3? (husband made) eggs with mushrooms, spinach and avocado

handful of raw cashews, cup of 0% fat (booooo!) plain yogurt cuz I got the wrong kind with strawberries

D: left over sirloin/tomato sauce chili with sourcream, 2 glasses red wine, 1 square dark chocolate 72%

45 min ride on my mare - working hard

10/30/11 It's our 30 day mark today! I hadn't been tracking what I've been eating on any site like fitday or cronometer ... but put in last week's of food on cronometer because I was curious about how many carbs have I been eating? Also, before beginning my B vitamins were way down in a blood test... which really screwed my summer... was super depressed all summer and didn't feel like doing ANYTHING I normally enjoy. Sucked really bad.

I got some B vitamin shots and was taking a sublingual B vitamin pill. Cool that cronometer tracks the vitamins/minerals... with all the meat I'm eating I get PLENTY o' B vitamins.... I stopped taking the sublingual B pills and I'm due for a blood test soon. My portions may be a bit inaccurate because I don't know exactly how many ounces or grams of things I am eating??? I'm too lazy to really measure out all my portions... so I sort of guessed.

Generally under 100 carbs... looks like some of my days were at 115. Didn't think that was bad for not really "trying" for the weight loss sweet spot. Wanted to mostly try this out, see if I could sustain the eating, how difficult would it be, how we felt overall with this new lifestyle and the no counting portions or calories really appealed to me...it's easy vs. counting and tracking and analyzing and obsessing.... was eating anything 'cept grains/legumes. Glad to know I wasn't too far off...

B: 3 strips of bacon, slice o' Meat-za, coffee with 1/2 cup goat milk --filling!

L: handful of almonds, yogurt (I bought some full fat, plain - yay!), strawberries

D: Chicken breast, asparagus with butter, salad with mushrooms, carrots, red peppers and olive oil/vinegar dressing - 2 glasses white wine.... 2 squares of dark chocolate and 1 glass o' port
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-31-2011 at 09:21 AM.

10/31/11

Went to bed nice and early - going to try to get to bed earlier so getting up isn't as hard. Got up today at 5:30 - got a good walk in with the dogs before breakfast and getting ready for work. So pretty out in winter with the dark and stars... saw another shooting star today!

Weighed in: Husband is down to 187 from 193 and I am down to 166 from 173.... fun! The lowest we've been in at least 10 yrs. It's motivating to stick with our primal eating....

B: 4 strips bacon, 2 egg omelette with a little shredded cheese and 1/2 slice of ham, 1/2 of an avocado; coffee with goat milk

30 min sprint work out - omg - those 30 seconds seem to last forEVER. Did 8....

I brought lunch with me but I'm still full from breakfast so no lunch... fasting? COOL!

D: appropriate for Halloween.... we are trying a "cheat" tonight. SCARY! We will get a small Cozzola's pizza (our fave local pizzaria) and conduct an experiment about how we feel after eating a grain/flour crust. This is part of what we wanted to do after eating primal for 30 days.... see how the grain makes us feel now. Tho' I am enjoying the benes of eating primal - sleeping thru the night and having an even energy level all day... I want to keep on this path...

Sent my sister a copy of the 21 day blueprint... dunno what she'll think of that but she's trying to conceive and failing and called me crying and telling me it feels like her body is out of control and not working. She's pretty entrenched in CW adn SAD.... told her to just TRY it for 3 weeks.... but not sure if she will.
    Last edited by Shanster; 10-31-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast