Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help! please.... page 2

Zalola is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    @ Grizz - I'm really excited to try this! I hope it is the answer for me! I appreciate you taking the time to provide the info

@ bwhit - I have been doing Krav Maga since Feb and it is awesome! It is an excellent self defense system - it also works as great anger management! lol I have learned a lot about myself it's very empowering!

@Grizz...I'm so excited to get started! Thanks so much for taking the time to respond!! I was feeling so down about it all today - I know it's for the best I just need to figure out what my best is

@bwhit – I love Krav Maga. It is basically a self defense system – it’s a great workout (and wonderful for anger management! Lol ) But really I have learned a lot about myself - my strengths and my weaknesses. It’s very empowering!! There’s a great book by Darren Levine and John Whitman called “Complete Krav Maga” – it’s very simple and straight forward – it shows all the moves and techniques from beginner to advanced. Good stuff!

mascarorj is offline Junior Member
    Zalola,

The process is simple and you've read the book so you know the answers. Don't beat yourself up with the details and get back to the basics and I promise you the results you have will be amazing.

I'm a CrossFit Trainer for what it's worth and I don't know where you workout but I can tell you that 5 days per week of optimally programmed workouts in addition to Krav will kick the hell out of your CNS and create serious overtraining issues in if you are deconditioned.

Based on your menu example and you stating that you have been a counter in the past I know that you have obviously done the math on calculating your caloric needs, a rough estimate is that you are eating about 1600-1700 calories per day. Which is in the right wheel house. *****I believe that you have to measure your intake and account for macro breakdown when your goal is to achieve optimal BF percentages which is what you are trying to do******

Here is what I suggest and I have had damn good results with using this method.

1. Determine your daily caloric needs if I was assuming that you did and you didn't and find out what you need.
    2. Eat your total body weight in protein, this comes out to 33% of your daily intake.
    3. Eat your carbs after your workout, i.e. a sweet potato. Keep your carbs to 10% of your daily intake
    4. Eat the remaining calories in fat, i.e. olive oil, avacado, macadamia, you know the drill. This will make up the other 57% of your calories

Then Focus on your programing.

I suggest that you stay on the 5 day per week schedule you are currently on but change your direction a little bit. Use Krav as your MetCon/Cardio and keep it to twice per week.

On the other 3 days ask your trainer to allow you to do some lifting as opposed to doing the MetCon work I'm assuming you do.

If you want some specific programing, PM we and I can draw something up for you just to help out. I'm not soliciting at any level.

MON, TUE, THU

Row an 8 round Tabata
    Then work on power/oly lifts - I would need more info to be exact
    Spint 4 x 100m

WED, FRI

KRAV

This fits into Mark's approach. Eat well, lift heavy stuff and sprint often. Just keep it simple.

@Mascarorj – I actually do CrossFit 3 days a week and Krav 2 days – I think I would die if I did CrossFit everyday ☺ I am definitely a calculator! Based on your suggestions and the Leptin reset Grizz recommended – I will be right in those intake percentages – I have been putting everything into Fitday to do my tracking. I just need to get the snacking under control. Part of my problem is always overthinking everything – I am going to take your advice and try to keep it simple! Thank you so much for the programming idea – I am going to change some things up with my workouts and try to get a better balance of lifting and sprinting! You are awesome! Thanks ☺

gristastic is offline Junior Member
    I've found that fat is really my key to cutting carb and sugar cravings. When I want something sweet, I will cook up a piece of fish with lots of butter or have a cheese cube or two (I'm not completely cutting dairy at this point, but I may in the future) and that really seems to do the trick for me. Good luck!

mascarorj is offline Junior Member
    Zalola,

Have you tried to do the Whole 30 approach? If not, take a look at it. It may help you out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12