Thread: Swedish Primal Journal with Jonas! page

jonassandstrom is offline Junior Member

Swedish Primal Journal with Jonas!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi everybody!
    My name is Jonas and i'm 30 years old and I'm born and raised and still living in beautiful Sweden!

I apologize in advance if my english sometimes is a bit less than perfect.

I'm a medical student (i'm studying at the university where Staffan Lindeberg works if anybody here knows who he is and i really likes his views on food an health) and feel that it is time for a big change in my life and in my health.

I used to train a lot, martial arts and weight training, and be in really good shape (about 12% body fat and good cardio and muscleweight) but after i've got a herniated disc from working to heavy deadlift with probably bad technique at the gym i really let myself go and started eating bad and feeling depressed and that has gotten me to where i am today.

My mental state is really, really bad right now compared to how it used to be and how i want it to be and my hope is that this will help me come back, maybe even to a new high!

My goal is to lose weight, get a much lower bodyfat-percentage, build muscles, have more energy and improve on my cardio and just be happy with myself, my body and my mental state!

Right now I've just gotten a muscle tear just under my lowest left rib in a Krav Maga-class (which i'd just started taking) so the plan (at least right now) is that in the coming weeks/months it will just be strength training and losing weight and maybe, maybe a bit of running if my teared muscle approves, on my schedule cause the doctor told me to approach it in this calm (and frustrating) way! I MISS Krav Maga already!

This journal will be mostly for myself and my own motivation but if i can help somebody else with motivation that will be a welcomed benefit and if somebody wants to write something here and communicate with me a bit i will be more than happy!

My weight this morning was 206,4 lbs and my goal is to drop to at least 171,6 lbs. My body fat percentage is 27% according to a bioimpedance weighing scale and my ultimate goal is to have around 10% body fat.

I will of course post sets, reps, exercises, weights and so on.

My training-schedule will in the beginning be weight training 3 workouts a week, not exactly Primal Blueprint but hey, whatever works!

Workout 1: Back and shoulders.
    Workout 2: Legs and Trunk.
    Workout 3: Chest and Arms.

I will probably post pictures here in the future so i and everybody else can see my development.

I want to end this introduction to my journal with a big THANK YOU to everybody here at marksdailyapple.com for all the motivation and success-stories and all the ofter really cool information and insight you provide me and everybody else with!

Best regards Jonas.

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome, Jonas. It sounds like you know what to do. Time to do it! I look forward to reading about your adventures.

BamaAla is offline Member
    Hey Jonas! Good luck on your journey!

I studied in Sweden back in 2009. I stayed out in Lidingö. Beautiful place; I hope to return one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Welcome, Jonas. It sounds like you know what to do. Time to do it! I look forward to reading about your adventures.

Thank you very much Timothy! Yep its time to do it now, tomorrow my first gym-workout is going to happen!! I'm really looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    Hey Jonas! Good luck on your journey!

I studied in Sweden back in 2009. I stayed out in Lidingö. Beautiful place; I hope to return one day.
    Hi BamaAla and thank you! :-) Yeah Stockholm can be a sweet place, i live in southern sweden, very near copenhagen but im in stockholm now and than! Hope you come back to sweden some time!! :-) But im guessing that Alabama is a nice place too! Sometime i would like to travel around in USA!