Thread: More Leptin Questions page

splunky is offline Senior Member

More Leptin Questions

Primal Fuel
    I stumbled on this concept quite accidentally, just surfing around here and it caught my attention. I have determined it is quite possible for me to be LR, but after looking at the page on tests to determine if you are LR, I have a few questions.

Does being on Thyroid Replacement Hormone have an impact on any of this? I know he talks about checking the thyrois hormones, especially RT3, but since i am not really producing my own hormones I wonder if it is affected.
    Also, I have Adrenal Insufficiency and am on DHEA to support, heal this condition, will this impact it at all?

Getting up and eating within 30 min will be quite a challenge since I lay in bed trying to wake up for 30 min or more, due to lower cortisol levels. I am assuming this will negatively impact results as well.(?)

Thanks, I am quite interested in doing this once I deternine if this will help or not!

tech_hunter is offline Member
    Hi Splunky!

I started 10 days ago, and after the second day, I was waking up and actually getting out of bed! I would say, read Dr Kruse's site, he has a lot of information, but you should be armed with information before you start something different for you. I would especially make sure you supplement, I have found that his list was long, and I thought, no way is all that going to help me, but it does! I sleep through the night, unless my dogs wake me up fighting coyotes! It's not so completely different from primal, just timing of meals. I also gave up nightshades and dairy because I think I have a problem with them right now. If you look in the mirror and are over 30 lbs overweight, or you are underweight with thyroid problems, etc. it's pretty clear that you have some problem with Leptin signals.

Good luck, and come over to the Leptin thread if you have any questions, Dr Kruse is on the thread, and we have a few really knowledgeable people who will answer you!

Amber
    Nov 2008-Feb 2009 Atkins: 230 to 185
    Maintained between 185-195 for 2 years
    Nov 2010-Jan 2011 HCG: 190 to 153
    May 2011-Jun 2011 HCG R2: 160-148
    October 3, 2011-Went PRIMAL! Leptin Reset, no dairy/nightshades
    10-12-11: 165.8, need to take measurements today...

indigogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by splunky View Post
    I stumbled on this concept quite accidentally, just surfing around here and it caught my attention. I have determined it is quite possible for me to be LR, but after looking at the page on tests to determine if you are LR, I have a few questions.

Does being on Thyroid Replacement Hormone have an impact on any of this? I know he talks about checking the thyrois hormones, especially RT3, but since i am not really producing my own hormones I wonder if it is affected.
    Also, I have Adrenal Insufficiency and am on DHEA to support, heal this condition, will this impact it at all?

Getting up and eating within 30 min will be quite a challenge since I lay in bed trying to wake up for 30 min or more, due to lower cortisol levels. I am assuming this will negatively impact results as well.(?)

Thanks, I am quite interested in doing this once I deternine if this will help or not!
    Hi Splunky,
    This should get you started: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...Z_6bme_8E-XYOo
    The Very Simplified Overview is a good place to start.
    Grizz, who posts on here put all this info together.
    Indigogirl

Thanks guys, I'll check it all out! I have gone over to Dr Kruse's website, and have started reading several of the articles already. It's pretty in depth, but the factI have adrenal/thyroid problems and am on hormone replacement I didn't know if this would affect my leptin reset at all. Make sense?

I am about 15lbs overweight, but have a bodyfat % of 32!!! All the muscle wasting from adrenal crisis' took it's toll.

I will head over to the thread on here you mentioned as well, later today. Thanks!

Splunky,
    Alot of us on the reset are on thyroid meds (me, too), some have adrenal issues, and some of us are on bioidentical hormone replacement (me, too).
    The reset can help the adrenal and thyroid issues.
    And adrenal issues can slow down weight loss until they are fixed.
    Ask Shijin on the Leptin Reset Experiment thread.
    Indigogirl

Grizz is offline Banned
    Splunky,

Dr. Kruse is VERY clear about this. Leptin Resistance SHUTS DOWN YOUR THYROID. Leptin is the MASTER Hormone that controls all others, including Thyroid Functions.

Fix your Leptin Resistance and your thyroid will start functioning again. And all the rest of your hormones will begin functioning normally again.
    You will be converted from a sugar, muscle & bone burner into a fat burner.

Please see these 2 links:

1) VERY Simplified Introduction to Leptin
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

2) Dr. Kruse Index to documents & Links:
    http://tinyurl.com/Dr-Kruse-References

Best of luck to you,
    Grizz
    Last edited by Grizz; 10-12-2011 at 07:13 AM.

I know Dr Kruse says generally, you are "reset" by 6-8 wks. Have you all been within that time framem or notice it taking longer due to the thyroid adrenal issues?

I am trying tofigure out if it would be wise for me to start this at this point. My family is going to Disney, which at that time will be right at the 6 wk mark if i start tomorrow. I have also read on his site that if you are'nt reset, and cheat, "fall off the wagon" you will be that much farther behind.

What is your opinion on this situation? I certainly dont want to start something that will be difficult to accomplish before we go to Disney. Wehave a suite with a full kitchen, so wil be doing most of our meals there, however, I dont want to worry about it overly, ya know?
    I realize it's impossible to know how long it will take, its very individual, but I am wondering if the thyroid/adrenal issues actually make it longer?

kristiashley is offline Senior Member
    I did the reset and went to disney myself at 6 weeks. It wasn't that hard. I made my big ass breakfast and had lunch and dinner at the parks. You can't control the oils and pufas, but you can easily make primal/paleo choices there other than that. I would get started now, do your best while traveling, and get back on the wagon hard core when you get back home. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kristiashley View Post
    I did the reset and went to disney myself at 6 weeks. It wasn't that hard. I made my big ass breakfast and had lunch and dinner at the parks. You can't control the oils and pufas, but you can easily make primal/paleo choices there other than that. I would get started now, do your best while traveling, and get back on the wagon hard core when you get back home. JMO.
    Completely agree with kristiashley!

Why don't you start posting on the mammoth Leptin Reset Experiment thread? So many knowledgeable people there!
    Indigogirl

Shijin13 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by splunky View Post
    I know Dr Kruse says generally, you are "reset" by 6-8 wks. Have you all been within that time framem or notice it taking longer due to the thyroid adrenal issues?

I am trying tofigure out if it would be wise for me to start this at this point. My family is going to Disney, which at that time will be right at the 6 wk mark if i start tomorrow. I have also read on his site that if you are'nt reset, and cheat, "fall off the wagon" you will be that much farther behind.

What is your opinion on this situation? I certainly dont want to start something that will be difficult to accomplish before we go to Disney. Wehave a suite with a full kitchen, so wil be doing most of our meals there, however, I dont want to worry about it overly, ya know?
    I realize it's impossible to know how long it will take, its very individual, but I am wondering if the thyroid/adrenal issues actually make it longer?
    I've been on the Leptin Reset since June but didn't start testing to figure out what was holding me back until the end of August... 3 Sept was day 0 of my Leptin Reset Redux.... Dr K harps on testing. and he's 100% right...in order to optimize w/in 6-8weeks - testing is crutial... it also gives you a baseline reference for how you're progressing. Now will not having all your test run before the reset hurt -nope it just may take longer... The first 12wks of the Leptin Reset - laid the ground work for me... and Now that I'm treating my issues - I'm having success... go ahead start - and hang in there..
    The most depraved type of human being is the man without a purpose. ~ Ayn Rand
    What's your purpose? Mine is Optimal Health.

Converted to PB November 2010
    SW 190lb
    Leptin Reset Redux (1Sep 2011) SW 170lbs
    25 Sep 2011 160lbs
    1 Dec 2011 158lbs!
    GW ~135lbs
    5'3"
    Mother of 2, and wife to a kick ass husband...trying to contain chaos and havoc on a daily basis

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread40609.html