Thread: Ouch! page

twinklebree is offline Junior Member

Ouch!

Shop Now
    I definitely wouldn't say that I've been 100% primal or even 80/20 recently. However, I have made some major eating changes & am definitely way down on carbs & non-fruit sugars. This weeekend I went to a baby shower. I had 3 glasses of punch with serbert, hawaiian punch, & ginger ale alongwith a huge chunk of cake & icing ... When I woke up the next morning I felt so "hungover" - huge headache & achy. I had to really think through whether I had been drinking the night before (I did not). The only thing I can equate it to is the massive amounts of sugar & additives I had that my body was not used to any more ... crazy!
    Survival of the Fittest!

Pegasus is offline Junior Member
    My daughter wanted to share a Cosi sandwich on flatbread with me last week. I felt miserable the next day and was glad to be back to my primal eating. It's amazing how quickly our bodies adapt to not having sugar and junk!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    It could also have been the coloring in the food, in addition to the sugar.

Back in my "just feed the damn kids what they'll actually eat" days of parenting, the kids would be fine with Cocoa Pebbles (Lord, please forgive me...) but Frooty Pebbles would have me scraping them off the ceiling. Food dyes can really mess with your head.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I can down 3 pieces of cheesecake and a whole $4 bag of peanut M&Ms and feel fine the next day. Y'all are weird.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    I can down 3 pieces of cheesecake and a whole $4 bag of peanut M&Ms and feel fine the next day. Y'all are weird.
    Actually, I caved yesterday and ate 2 Reese's Big Cups, washing it down with a Starbucks Mocha Frappucino. Didn't feel a thing.

But I'm definitely not making it a habit...
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

vatuck is offline Junior Member
    Oh man can I relate to this one. Sugar and starchy carbs really mess me up. I feel so drained I can barely get out of bed the next day.

Autumnrose is offline Member
    If I have to much sugar and carbs, I feel like I'm coming down with the flu. I noticed if I have just the sugar (ice cream or chocolate) there's no problem the next day.