Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today, I told my trainer I'm...... Primal. page

PrimalNYC is offline Junior Member

Today, I told my trainer I'm...... Primal.

Primal Fuel
    I informed my trainer today that I was going Primal. Having been primarily Paleo for the last year or so (minus my misinformed love for 'healthy' whole grains), he wasn't completely surprised, even at the fact that I showed up in my new Vivo Barefoot shoes and was actually very supportive and interested in my new lifestyle. I have a great trainer!

One thing he was concerned with though was my immediate post-workout carb consumption, ensuring me that I NEED the insulin boost immediately following our strenuous (Very Primal, Lift heavy things and sprint occasionally) sessions to encourage recovery. I told him I would achieve this with an almond milk, Paleomeal, and organic berry smoothie. He said this was probably not enough but to research other ways to get the boost while staying primal. Ideas?

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Potatoes will do the trick. Eat some (leaner) meat post-workout too.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

Stevenhamley is offline Senior Member
    How about starchy vegetables - potato, sweet potato, etc.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29944.html

this guy seems to have a good understanding of carb refeed after a workout. If the thread doesn't give you enough info, you could pm him, good luck
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

PrimalNYC is offline Junior Member
    I like the potato idea, and I love sweet potato. One of my main issues that I should have mentioned in the post is that this is a difficult option right away. I work at the gym and usually have to grab something quick (the smoothie) before I run to another meeting.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Huge glass of milk, since you are now primal and not paleo. Unless you are super-fit though it doesn't seem to matter THAT much.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

lucyh is offline Senior Member
    Just pre-cook the sweet potato and take it with you. Cold sweet potatoes are good! I love adding them to my BAS.
    My Primal Journal with lots of food pr0n

Laconophile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalNYC View Post
    I like the potato idea, and I love sweet potato. One of my main issues that I should have mentioned in the post is that this is a difficult option right away. I work at the gym and usually have to grab something quick (the smoothie) before I run to another meeting.
    Try a sweet potato smoothie. They're really thick, but good.
    Ye shall know them by their fruits.

darkfault is offline Junior Member
    You don't need any insulin boost after your workout, that's all b.s.

I will work out first thing in the morning, go hardcore for 1 1/2hours, finish around 10am, and eat around noon-2pm, never a problem.

Just eat a normal meal when your hungry.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Drinking water makes sense if you actually get sweaty enough, but I just don't get the hype about post-workout eating. Your body is going to use its resources as they are already stored. Why add the stress of digestion to the deal? You won't be getting those nutrients for a long time anyway. Eating a bigger dinner on sprinting day makes sense, and a little extra meat on lifting days. I'm with darkfault. Our bodies can cope just fine without us stuffing our faces.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast