Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End of My 30 Days page

SpartanMom is offline Junior Member

End of My 30 Days

Shop Now
    End of my 30 days, and a whopping .5 lb lost! Woo hoo! This happened when I followed the program Jan-March as well. In the meantime, a friend went vegetarian and lost 22 lbs in 30 days....

But I plan to continue 80-20. I do sleep better, feel better, and hey, if I lose .5 per month, that's 6 lbs a year, right?

Rangers Lead The Way

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Yes, but how are your measurements/energy levels/overall well being? These things are more important on PB. This is not a diet, but a lifestyle change. And in most other CW diets, a good percentage of those people gain it all back at some time or another. Stay the course, and Rock Out with your Grok Out! :-)

SpartanMom is offline Junior Member
    I will - I lost 2 inches off chest and 1.5 off arms - everything else the same. Planning to hang in there. But I would be lying if I said it isn't frustrating to see others have such dramatic results.
    Battling a nagging flu bug/sinus infection right now - this may be contributing to some negativity on my part.

Rangers Lead The Way

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    That is a great start:-) What does a typical day look like for you foodwise? What is your 20%? Sleep, exercise?

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Inches are better than lbs so at you are seeing results

What is your wieght/height? How much are you hoping to lose? I ask because the closer you are to your ideal weight the harder it can be to lose. I would also wonder what your 20% is - just in case something in that is holding you up.

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    Ignor the scale. Throw it away. Pay attentinoonly to how your clothes fit. That's when I noticed that I lost my gut. IK realized one day that my dress pants for work just kep slipping down. I weighed myself and I'd lost 30 lbs. All from my gut.
    And hey, if you don't "lose weight' but you are eating in an optimally healthy way, why would yo not keep doing it. Just eat right and don't look back.

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    Low calorie diets that are lacking in protein lose a high % of weight from muscle mass. Your heart is a muscle. Your friend on the vegetarian diet is dieting away her life.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

Nomad1 is offline Senior Member
    Spartan, I was a vegetarian for 10 years. I lost weight at the beginning, but long term it really screwed me up. I could not lose weight even though I was very low calorie and extreme workign out. Now I have to be so strict to lose the tiniest bit of weight. I am with you, it's very frustrating, but try to focus on what is best for your body instead of the scale.

NorCalGirlDiver is offline Senior Member
    I feel your pain Spartan. It is easy to get discouraged if you use the scale to measure success. I am not blowing smoke your way - I have battled the same feelings. I started eating Primal on August 15th and I have lost 9 pounds but the first 6 were in the first 2 weeks (water weight? I think). Then nothing - finally I lost 3 more pounds. However, I feel GREAT! I am more focused on sleep. My tummy issues are virtually gone! My knees and hips have stopped hurting (thank you Merrell Pace Glove Barefoot shoes) and I am having FUN! My clothes are all looser and everyone else thinks I have lost a lot more weight. I should have started with the fact that I am 5'9" and it takes 20 -30 pounds for me to lose a clothing size. Most people don't even notice until I have lost that much! I will never go back because I am 100% sure I am healthier and I am 100% sure I feel better!

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

Angry

.5 pound loss in 30 days I would be frustrated too unless I made muscle gains and inch loss. Calories need to be lower perhaps did you track.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast