Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: getting a little frustrated page

diinky1119 is offline Member

getting a little frustrated

Shop Now
    well i have been primal for about one month now ...from just getting off the weight watchers wagon! I noticed at first my stomach was a bit flatter and of course I feel great!! I havent excercised too much yet , but i am fairly active at home and work . I am seeing an old boyfriend in 6 weeks and i really want to look good , its been 14 yrs!! the scales dont show any weight loss and my clothes are slightly looser. should i be measuring because i get so frustrated with the scales and im wondering if my body has to get used to this new way of eating . I eat no sugar except for alittle piece of dark choc 70% every so often , an apple about 3 times a week and loads of protein some cheese and cream in my coffee, sometimes protein shake, lots of veggies. , but today I was frustrated and I ate breaded fried fish.. I really want this to work for me because I believe in this way of eating , Im not hungry!! i need to loose about 100 lbs , but wish it would come off a little faster . i have read the book also. any advice appreciated!!!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Be patient...This does really work. it's not a short term project. It's your lifelong project. Keep doing what you're doing, and maybe try to add in a regular PB exercise program(this is a key ingredient). And remember to get yample rest 8-9 hrs a night(very important). Good luck, and may the Grok be with you:-)

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Sprint. Lift some heavy things.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Losing inches is far better than losing weight so you are doing great

Don't let the occasional non-primal meal derail your momentum. They are perfectly normal and everyone does it. I just make sure I never eat two non-primal meals in a row so I don't having a cheating spiral.

Personally I lose fat fastest if there is no dairy in my diet (except some butter). Not true for everyone, but I hear of a lot of people (mostly women I think) who need to eliminate dairy. I also do best with a pretty high fat diet - about 60% of my calories. However, if the way you are eating now leaves you feeling satisfied and not always thinking about food then I really think you are on the right track!

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Hi Diinky! Congrats on one month. Diet looks good, but breaded stuff will set you back as I'm sure you noticed by now. Protein shakes can be problematic for some people, some brands especially. Have you tried sprints or lifting heavy things? How's your sleep?

Edit: Wow, other people beat me to every part of this post. I type too slow.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Hi Diinky! Congrats on one month. Diet looks good, but breaded stuff will set you back as I'm sure you noticed by now. Protein shakes can be problematic for some people, some brands especially. Have you tried sprints or lifting heavy things? How's your sleep?

Edit: Wow, other people beat me to every part of this post. I type too slow.
    We'll consider it reinforcement.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Give it time too. If you are 100 lbs overweight I would seriously consider doing the Leptin-reset. It's primal eating with a couple of rules reg macros and timing. I lose about 2-3 lbs monthly, but it's always fat, not muscle.

thankyou everyone!!!

yes i thought about that too .. does mark talk about that too , where can i get more info on it .. thanks

Adventure_Becons is offline Junior Member
    Dinky,
    Congratulations on the progress you have made. I concur with everybody on giving more time. But more than that, I think you have to be easy on yourself and easy on your body. While it has taken so long to get all those 100lbs, it's unfair to expect to go in just one month or even in 6 months. But if you are eating by guidelines, working out, sleeping well and inline 80% of time, it's just matter of time that the tipping point will occur. I would rather enjoy the journey and damn the destination.

My thinking is the that the results are discouraging when an external factor is attached(like seeing somebody after 14 years and wanting to look good)..My 2 cents is let go of the outcome and enjoy the process (the process of trial and error) of rediscovering your best gene that's within you!!

My best wishes :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast