Thread: "It's like having permission to go have sex with David Beckham..." page

catemarie is offline Junior Member

"It's like having permission to go have sex with David Beckham..."

Primal Fuel
    from the wonderful Heather Armstrong, whose blog I've been reading for the last 5 years, on her transition to paleo (she'll be bringing hella traffic) and getting advice to eat more carbs while healing a running injury:

You and your uncle and his best friend and that friend's hair stylist wrote to tell me that I had to add major carbs back to my diet, let that insane caveman diet slide until all of this is over. You want to know how insane this caveman diet is? This insane: I dread adding back those carbs.

Here I have permission to eat bread and rice and bagels and beans and pasta, and all of it sounds like shit. Give me a steak with a side of broccoli any day over a sandwich with chips, because I remember what I felt like when I ate that way. It's like having permission to go have sex with David Beckham but only if he sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" the entire time.

http://dooce.com/2011/10/11/working-gravity
    Last edited by catemarie; 10-11-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Too funny! I keep cracking up as I picture it in my mind

Yvonne PHX Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by catemarie View Post
    It's like having permission to go have sex with David Beckham but only if he sings "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" the entire time.
    So, this is supposed to be a bad thing, right? {scratches head}