Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    That actually sounds pretty good.
    I grew up with it

Liver Steak | Panlasang Pinoy

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    i've had beef, calf and chicken livers. it all tasted the same
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

catparade is offline Junior Member
    Best way to cook liver (chicken, lamb, beef) in my opinion is this:

Chop into bite size pieces and coat the liver in a few heaped spoons of smoked paprika, ground cumin, salt, pepper. Maybe a bit of tumeric or ground coriander too. You can never have too many spices!
    Let it sit for an hour.

Fry up some sliced red onions and chopped garlic in lots of butter 'til golden, then add the liver, frying quickly on a high heat. You want it to still be slightly pink in the middle but nice and charred on the outside.
    Chop a huge bunch of flat leaf parsley and toss through the liver/onion/garlic mixture.

Heap onto a plate and top with a dollop of full fat Greek yogurt if you like. A squeeze of lemon goes down well too. YUM. It never ends up tasting 'livery'. It's amazing. It's my dinner tomorrow.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I sauteed chicken livers and mashed them along with sweet potatoes, you would never know they were in there. My gf who wouldn't eat it knowing what it was ate it all up. Yeah, so I snuck in some nutrition into my gf without her knowledge or consent, problem?!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Grill it with onions/butter/bacon...cumin, garlic, oregano and basil...finish with a bit of Jalapeno sauce(if you like the extra kick:-)

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    I prefer chicken livers, wrapped in bacon and baked!
    Wrapped in bacon is my favorite way to eat liver.

I bought goat liver this morning at Whole Foods. I'm worried about it being too strong, so I'm soaking it in raw milkovernight.

dkd2001 is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm, I have always loved liver -- beef, chicken, turkey. I do like it saute'd with lots of peppers, onion and bacon bits. You can also try some pate' -- you can get that at many delis, or liverwurst sausage. If you are at a great restaurant, you might try the fois gras (unless you are in Chicago where the food police made it illegal.)
    Life is an ongoing Experiment of One, so here's to science!

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37576.html

PeaceCorpsCaveMan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Wrapped in bacon is my favorite way to eat liver.

I bought goat liver this morning at Whole Foods. I'm worried about it being too strong, so I'm soaking it in raw milkovernight.
    I ate raw goat liver fresh off a goat one time. It was reeeaaally gamey.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    my mother used to boil livers for the dogs and the smell of it was sickening. it was MANY years before i was willing to try it -- as pâté. it was like tasting all the earth's minerals woven through edible silk made of butter and cream.

i prefer chicken livers and rinse them, then soak them in yogurt or milk or cream. water in a pinch. change the water several times. poach in home-made chicken broth with a few cloves of garlic til the centers are just pink. whizz in the food pro with some dried thyme, butter, cream and cognac. salt and pepper to taste. i will sometimes add a prune or two in there. this freezes well and am now in a phase of eating it a few times per week. it tastes better the next day and i prefer it not refrigerator cold, so take some out about 30 minutes pre-meal.

just finished off a beef heart this week and have veal tongue braising right now too.

not a kidney fan, thx.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I'm fond of chicken livers in a number of ways. One thing I learned from my mom was to throw a little sweet vermouth or red wine in toward the end. If that's too far off from primal, I'm guessing putting a tiny bit of juice from fruit in might help take the edge off the strong taste.

As a note, I recently ate organic chiken livers for the first time. Wow! That's the first time for me that an organic product has really tasted that different from traditionally grown. It was awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast